STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

DR bypass extension

Been using Fantasy Grounds for a little over 2 years. I tend to use mythic rules and I couldn't find a extension that could bypass DR and felt odd using spell as a damage type for smite, etc. So I have been poking around and trying my hand at coding. Managed to make a DR bypass extension. Figured I would share what I did. However, it wont be compatible with things like Kel's advanced effect extension.

Anywho, all that's required beyond the extension is the word "bypass" in any DMGTYPE field or effects line. Simple as that! Hope this can be of use to someone. Enjoy!

EDIT!!!! This now works thru immunity and resists! Just add bypass in addition to other damage types. But no longer works with some other extensions. Also added the "mythic" subtype to creature types.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Phixation; April 25th, 2020 at 11:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Phixation View Post
    Been using Fantasy Grounds for a little over 2 years. I tend to use mythic rules and I couldn't find a extension that could bypass DR and felt odd using spell as a damage type for smite, etc. So I have been poking around and trying my hand at coding. Managed to make a DR bypass extension. Figured I would share what I did. However i'm pretty sure it wont be compatible with things like Kel's extensions. Not sure how to fix that.

Anywho, all that's required beyond the extension is the word "bypass" in any DMGTYPE field or effects line. Simple as that! Hope this can be of use to someone. Enjoy!
    Nice work

if you and others want I can include that into my extensions to make them compatible with my extensions Would this be okay for you? I would say of course that this comes from you

(but could take some while, I am writing on my PhD thesis at the moment and still try to get into the mood for that such that I have to avoid too much distraction )
    Last edited by Kelrugem; January 10th, 2020 at 16:50.

I edited your extension, can you check whether it still works? In that way it should be also compatible with my extensions and (very likely) you do not have to maintain it when new updates come since you do not have to change ActionDamage anymore

What I did: I just kept your changes to data_common and I added bypass also to energytypes and specialdmgtypes The former only is important when it is about whether one can overcome DR which is what you want to do, so this table is about dmgtypes which overcome DR (and only this); the latter makes this damage type to a damage type as precision and so on in the behaviour about how it gets added to existing damage types when used in effects I.e., DMG: d6 bypass on an axe would lead to a damage die d6 with types slashing and bypass, just in case there are rules where you make extra damage which should overcome DR, then the resistances on existing damage types besides DR should still be accounted (okay, there is also some part of the code which affects the NPC parsing for adding NPCs to the CT but this should not affect anything since bypass is not used in such a context)

But I didn't have time to test it, so, please tell me when I oversee something (it is some while ago that I did a lot with this damagetype stuff)

EDIT: I also renamed data_common2 to data_common3 to avoid it overwriting my data_common2 (DataCommon2 to DataCommon3, too)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Kelrugem; January 10th, 2020 at 20:33.

<face palms> Can't believe that's all it took to make the ext work. MUCH simpler that way. Works so far so good. and if you want... feel free to add to yours. I just need to see the bypass condition personally when using mythic or smites. Much thanks for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by Phixation View Post
    <face palms> Can't believe that's all it took to make the ext work. MUCH simpler that way. Works so far so good. and if you want... feel free to add to yours. I just need to see the bypass condition personally when using mythic or smites. Much thanks for the help!
    hehe, you're welcome

Does something similar to this exist for RESIST or IMMUNE?

Trying to plug in the Mythic Version of Scorching Ray
    "Each ray's damage increases to 6d6 points of fire damage. The first ray bypasses fire resistance and immunity."

I mean I can put in "6d6 bypass" but it would be nice to have it as "6d6 fire,bypass" for any situation where the target creature is vulnerable to fire.

Quote Originally Posted by mozmonar View Post
    Does something similar to this exist for RESIST or IMMUNE?

Trying to plug in the Mythic Version of Scorching Ray
    "Each ray's damage increases to 6d6 points of fire damage. The first ray bypasses fire resistance and immunity."

I mean I can put in "6d6 bypass" but it would be nice to have it as "6d6 fire,bypass" for any situation where the target creature is vulnerable to fire.
    No, is not possible at the moment One would have to rewrite the code of IMMUNE and RESIST a bit, or one codes a general effect IGNORE: [blah] or something like this

Kind of what I figured. Didn't hurt to ask. Thanks for the reply!

Quote Originally Posted by mozmonar View Post
    Kind of what I figured. Didn't hurt to ask. Thanks for the reply!
    But you can manually turn off immunity and resistance of course for the first ray (put them on Skip such that they turn automatically on again for the next rays )

Yeah, not really a big deal. Was just curious if such a thing existed.

Thread Information