FG Spreadshirt Swag

Updater Update Hung

I attempted to run the updater moments ago and it hung while updating itself. I don't know if this is deterministic or some kind of random/racy situation (and now that the updater is updated, I can't try again), but here's what I did to get here:

1. Yesterday or the day before, I updated Fantasy Grounds Unity. I believe I had updated after yesterday's "~100 products added to FGU patch system" update and I'm certain I have updated since the 30th.
    2. This evening, I checked the forums, and found a new release had gone out. So I fired up the updater.
    3. It started updating, but seemed to freeze at the "Relaunching..." stage of updating the updater. I cannot click the "Log" button to see log details. I cannot click the cancel button to stop the update. Nothing happens at all when I attempt to click, no changes in button color or indication of being "pressed", and the expected action fails to occur. I CAN move the window around by the Windows title bar. I can minimize and restore the window and it paints ok on restore. I forgot to screenshot this before closing the window.
    4. After waiting some minutes, I click the "X" in the windows title bar and the window closes promptly.
    5. Rerunning the updater at this point works fine, and no longer shows the updater updating itself (presumably it got far enough to launch the new updater when I manually restarted).

Although I could not click the "Log" button to have FGU Updater show me the log, I do know where it's stored in the filesystem. FantasyGroundsUpdater.log contains the following:
    Code:
    ARGS: 
    CheckNewUpdater(): True
    RUNNING AS FantasyGroundsUpdater_OLD.exe
    New Updater Valid: True
    Replace with new updater
    DELETE C:\Program Files\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe
    Recursive Delete: C:\Program Files\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\FGupdaterEngine
    Deleting parent C:\Program Files\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\FGupdaterEngine
    Could not delete parent: C:\Program Files\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\FGupdaterEngine
    Could not delete file: C:\Program Files\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\FGupdaterEngine\FGUpdaterEngine.exe
    Could not delete file: C:\Program Files\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\FGupdaterEngine\UnityCrashHandler64.exe
    Could not delete file: C:\Program Files\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\FGupdaterEngine\UnityPlayer.dll
    Problem Deleting Dir: C:\Program Files\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\FGupdaterEngine\MonoBleedingEdge
    RecursiveCopy: C:\Program Files\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\FantasyGroundsUpdater_NEW - C:\Program Files\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\
    I'm running Windows 10, if that is of interest.
    Last edited by pollux; January 9th, 2020 at 04:24. Reason: list OS

Thanks for reporting. I'll add as something for Ryan to review when he gets time, and escalate if it repeats for others.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information