STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Thread: Run Test error

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Thanks for posting - the second hop (10.170...) is a private network IP address - this means you have two private network devices between you and the Internet. Your 192.168.0.XX network - which will be a local router in your home (usually) - the second one may be in your home (do you know if you have another device) or it may be with your ISP and they're sharing public internet addresses between their customers - becoming quite a common practice now.

If you don't have two Internet devices in your home, then ask your ISP if they can give you a dedicated IP - as you need this for peer-to-peer gaming. They may charge you for this though. A quicker check would be to look at some alternative listed here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...d-Alternatives Hamachi is a good one to start with as this is free - but it needs players to have it installed as well, and note that this will allow you to play with FG but it won't show a success on the network test - so get a friend to test with you. This is detailed in the Hamachi thread linked in that thread.
    Also, if you don't mind explaining. What in the 10.170 number showed it was a private IP and what showed you it was two private networks? Just so I know what I'm looking at, and to know if I have fixed it.

Blog Entries
    Their are instructions to each of those alternatives.
    I use Hamachi or the SSL Server when I have to do one.
    The Private IP thing is in that first link that Trenloe pointed you to.

Quote Originally Posted by Angrod View Post
    Also, if you don't mind explaining. What in the 10.170 number showed it was a private IP and what showed you it was two private networks? Just so I know what I'm looking at, and to know if I have fixed it.
    There are certain ranges of IP addresses that are set aside to always be private, and so do not get routed over the public internet. 10.x.x.x is one of those ranges so it's easy to spot. Another range is 192.168.x.x which is what most home routers tend to use by default.
    Here's a link to a full description, probably way more info than you need:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_network

Okay. So I downloaded Hamachi, set it up. I had a friend get Hamachi and join my network. And still, they are unable to join my server.
    So Hamachi didn't fix it. Anything else to do?

Did your friend connect to your hamachi ip address?

Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    Did your friend connect to your hamachi ip address?
    Yeppers, they're in my network, and I see there name right below my server name.

But did they put your Hamachi IP address into the "host" box when they tried to connect?

Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    But did they put your Hamachi IP address into the "host" box when they tried to connect?
    yeah, the ip showing inside the hamachi logmein network box.

Blog Entries
    Inside of FG they need to put the IP address of your Hamachi network.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information