DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Quote Originally Posted by yarnevk View Post
    attached
    Thanks for posting.

As I suspected, and what I was trying to elude to - if the combat tab "Defense Proficiencies" section doesn't show the proficiency then there's no proficiency to match - it doesn't matter that the item is armor or not. This is discussed in the post #2 of this thread - the second screenshot of that post shows what to check for. And is also detailed in the video in that post.

The issue with this specific PC is that the character doesn't have Unarmored defense proficiency recognized:

This is what the embedded message is referring to when it says "Verify that the proficiencies listed in the combat tab are correct" and I also mentioned in post #2: "Make sure you then check that the defence proficiencies have been correctly created in the Combat tab. Adjust as needed." FG will attempt to parse out the proficiency data, but many things can change with a PC from initial creation - hence why the ruleset relies on the player to check that the combat tab "Defense Proficiencies" section is correct for their PC, and why the embedded message mentions that.

The reason this didn't fully populate is because the legacy "Armor: " proficiency on the abilities tab had a comma separating the different proficiencies:

Whereas the standard data uses a period (.), so I'm guessing this was edited at some point. Here is the usual Cleric armor proficiencies applied at first level:

I'll look into the other data across the classes (including the new ones) and see if I can also include a comma (,) as a proficiency type separator. But, this is only an issue when loading up characters created before release 12 - and will become less of an issue over time - and the ruleset will always rely on the player checking the combat tab is correct - which is exactly why I spend time developing the embedded message functionality.

Thanks for reporting the issue, as I say I'll look into adding a comma to the parsing. To make your PC work, manually add "Unarmored" as "Trained" on the combat tab -> defense proficiencies list and this will work fine.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Okay so I guessed right on why my APG module wasn't working at first. I had used the newline character as a separator to keep the appearance the same as the PDF appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    I'll look into adding a comma to the parsing. To make your PC work, manually add "Unarmored" as "Trained" on the combat tab -> defense proficiencies list and this will work fine.
    Should pull that information directly from the class since that cannot be edited, whereas the abilities tab allow editing. Domain might allow armor training did not apply to this cloth cleric, so that information was edited out on the character sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by yarnevk View Post
    Should pull that information directly from the class since that cannot be edited, whereas the abilities tab allow editing. Domain might allow armor training did not apply to this cloth cleric, so that information was edited out on the character sheet.
    Pulling from the class is static and applies to the base data before any other feats or class features have been applied. As mentioned in post #2 I do pull from the class if there is nothing matched in the abilities proficiency data. But, the abilities data should be the main go to for doing the one off conversion.

Like I say, this is just a "get pre release 12 PCs to the data structure moving forwards". I'm not going to spend a lot of time trying to make this a little bit better than it is now, because it's not possible to make it 100% accurate and the need for it is going to go away with time. Thus the embedded message that tells the player to check what's been done and correct as necessary.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information