STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

PFRPG2 Ruleset and Core Rules DLC update - January 7th, 2020

There was an issue with the FG updater initially - make sure you have "Release 12" shown in the chat window after campaign load. If not, re-update FG.

Released today via the Fantasy Grounds standard update system are a few updates and new functionality to both the PFRPG2 ruleset and the Core Rules DLC.

The summary information is available in the City Hall forum here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...nuary-7th-2020

The ruleset now shows "Release 12" in the chat window startup message, and the Core Rules version tracking (in the Reference Manual) shows version 1.10.

The ruleset has some bugfixes as listed in the Google sheets used for tracking issues: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...DHg/edit#gid=0

And the Core Rules DLC also has one bug fix, as listed here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

The ruleset and core rules DLC both contain some fixes/updates that require further details. These are as follows:

• PC defense proficiencies are now listed and maintained on the combat tab. This integrates with the current armor equipped to auto-set the proficiency bonus in the AC field.
    • When opening a PC without any defense proficiency records on the combat tab, FG will try to build the base data from the PC abilities tab "Proficiency" data first, and if not present from the base character class data. A embedded message will give feedback in the PC sheet itself if this has been done.
    • The currently experimental ability/feat automation has been expanded to include auto allocation of defense proficiencies.
    • The Feat list and the class feature list now indicate if applying a record includes automation - a small "A" before the feat/feature name.
    • The Core Rules DLC has been updated to include defense proficiency automation for all class features and feats that assign the defense proficiencies for a character.
    • Feat, Class Abilities and Rules & Abilities level applied tracking field added to the data in the Abilities tab. This is used to track level applied to aid with manual future retraining. Pre-release 12 PCs will show 0 in this field and will require manual updating (click on the field and type in the level). From release 12 onward, any feat, class feature or ability added to the PC will be assigned the current PC level.

The key points to the above list are discussed in the following posts (with demonstration videos) and the Wiki will be updated soon.
    Last edited by Trenloe; January 8th, 2020 at 23:54.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Updating characters created before release 12

Auto update for characters created before release 12.

FG will identify when a PC sheet is opened if it doesn't have the new Defense Proficiencies list on the Combat tab populated. If this data is not populated, and there is Armor proficiency data stored in the Abilities tab (Proficiency list) or if there is no ability tab data, FG will try to build the proficiency list from the base class armor proficiencies.

This video (3:18 in length) give an overview of this process, the messaging received, and what to check after:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1A5...fHpwgX32t6uQ-x

This is the message that will be embedded in the character sheet when the update process has been carried out. Digest the information presented (a summary is available in the tracker log window for the PC) and then press the check/tick icon to close the embedded message:

Make sure you then check that the defence proficiencies have been correctly created in the Combat tab. Adjust as needed. Here's an example:

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Trenloe; January 8th, 2020 at 02:23.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Release 12 overview video

New functionality overview shown in this video (11:48 in length):

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WT...rGOEvtbev_gqLp
    Last edited by Trenloe; January 8th, 2020 at 02:23.

Reserved 3.

I just tried reupdating twice and I'm still getting release 11 in chat

There was an issue in the patch system, and we just pushed a new update at 5:30 and verified it downloaded.

If you’re still seeing an old release number, then make sure you do not have a PFRPG2 in the rulesets folder under the FG data folder. If you, delete it; otherwise, delete PFRPG2.pak and run a new Update.

Regards,
    JPG

Derp good call. Forgot I had unpacked that over Christmas. I'll do my walk of shame now.

Nice job!

I hope this is the right place to post this.

I was playing around with a character build for a game I play tomorrow. He is a Gnome Cleric. Anyway, I downloaded the update from yesterday this afternoon. And it looks like Gnome Polygot ancestry feat is missing. I did check Piazo site to see if maybe it was a modification they made, but didn't see anything over there about it. So figured I would mention it here.

Cloistered Cleric Trained in Unarmored Defense wearing ordinary Clothes did not copy over, but the Monk wearing +1 Explorers Clothes did copy Expert Unamored Defense, also the the Bard wearing +1 Leather Armor Trained did get copied their Trained Unarmored Defense.

So seems to work only if wearing category armor rather than category gear.

Thread Information