5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Games without FG Modules

Similar to the previous post I made, are there communities who run games in FG that don’t have their modules available? Are there people that work to make those modules for other games? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

If you mean games without pre-published adventure modules that are available as FG modules, then yeah, lots of people play this way. Basically any homebrew game is done this way. I've also bought several PDF-based adventure modules (from places like DriveThruRPG and the DMs Guild) and converted them myself into FG modules.

Even when using a pre-made FG module, I tend to modify it a lot.

As far as "communities" around this, I'm not sure what you mean. Many/most GMs here probably have done this to some extent, so this forum might count if I'm understanding correctly.

Blog Entries
    Fantasy Grounds was the first VTT to get a license for 5E from the Wizards.
    Before that 5E was already the most popular ruleset/system on Fantasy Grounds.

Blog Entries
    I play in a game of Star Frontiers. Their are no FG modules available for it because they are still protected Intellectual Property and so can't be distributed. I suspect most old games are going to fall into that realm. (i.e. they are played, but each GM has to convert what they need since distribution is generally illegal).

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Interesting. I guess I forget that licensing is an issue.

Blog Entries
    Something like 75 years I think until they become public domain, even if they are out of print. Or something like that.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Licensing Agreements can be very difficult.
    If its for something like Star Wars d6 its not just the publisher but also the owner of the Star Wars property can become involved which would make it impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Something like 75 years I think until they become public domain, even if they are out of print. Or something like that.
    95 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    95 years.
    I'll just wait them out. lol

Thread Information