Starfinder Playlist

How to link to a dev ruleset directory in Windows?

I am in the middle of migrating to a nw MacBook. Since FGC cannot run under the new Catalina, I setup a FGC in a Parallels Windows10 vm. I then set a link back to my Mac's dev directory where the ruleset exists (unpacked directory) via "create shortcut". Clicking the shortcut puts me in the right directory etc.

However, since it is a "shortcut file" Windows/FG does not see it as a first class citizen directory. In MacOS/Linux the "ln -s" softlink command will create a link that to apps is seen as a regular directory for access. So normally I just link from my FGC back to the ruleset/modules I am working on in the dev project directory so I don't need to constantly copy - merely "/reload" to get the new ruleset.

How do folks do this in Windows? Or does it work fine in Windows and this is an issue with the Win to Mac directory thing?

Thanks!

A windows shortcut is not the same as a symbolic link. A shortcut is an actual file that when accessed take you to the file/location it is a shortcut to.

Use a Windows symbolic link, probably a directory symbolic link. Info here: https://www.techrepublic.com/article...-in-window-10/
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Awesome - that's exactly what I was looking to find out. I vaguely recalled there was such a thing in Windows, just not what.

Gotta help the Mrs with some stuff but will read and implement, thank you!

Excellent!

Verified working as required (used /D since the VM refers to the "regular" Mac home dir via j:\ therefore /J did not apply.)
    Was able to load may modules and ruleset from the native Mac eclipse project (question on that in an upcoming thread )

THANKS

Thread Information