5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last
    I posted a possible solution just three minutes before you posted this.

I've been running into the same problem all day. I haven't been able to connect from a demo player outside my network using the cloud, or inside my LAN wifi. In each instance, they get stuck on the "Acquiring File List" screen and it never moves. This is even before I had Fantasy Grounds Classic installed (which I decided I might want to try switching to now if it will have less of these problems).

Quote Originally Posted by horsburghn View Post
    I posted a possible solution just three minutes before you posted this.
    Out of curiosity, did you uninstall it from the connecting computer or the host GM computer? Because this happened to me when neither player had the classic version installed. I decided to install it now, but that's only because the unity version keeps breaking and I wanted to see if it would work with Classic (which I'm not having luck with either, I've been having issues trying to forward ports on my google wifi but that's a separate issue).

EDIT: So, quick update. I was able to have a player load in after I removed every player-facing module from allowing player loading. Also, it was through private LAN. It's not super helpful, though, as I would like players to be able to use the books I bought to help them make characters if I'm ever able to start a campaign in this thing.
    Last edited by SieferSeesSomething; March 28th, 2020 at 08:49. Reason: spelling

Blog Entries
    Please can you uninstall or delete the executables and then download the newest build and retest? Players should also do the same. I can test with you if you like.

Hello,

I had the same issues with one Test Client trying to connect to my "ultimate" server. Corresponding to you advice I downloaded the newest package from this site an reinstalled it. But since 2 h it is not possible to update my version (Settings with correct password check). I got the message during the update process: "Error request time out, Retrying in 10 sec". A restart of my Laptop did not help.

It worked on my computer great (exept one client who tried to connect and it does not work), before I installed the newest downloaded version today.

Please help me out, because I spent a lot to play DnD 5e with my friends remotely and we would like to try and create our charakters.

On another computer I was able to install and update the new Version but on my Laptop is the server accounted version.

Blog Entries
    So you can install and run on Computer B but not Computer A?
    Are these computers connected to the same network?
    If so it seems like maybe there is antivirus or other security software that is preventing the update?

Thank you for the quick answer on saturday!

The other computer is not in the same network, I accessed it remotely via team viewer.

Firewall is deactivated. I switched from wlan to cable without any success.

Quote Originally Posted by SieferSeesSomething View Post
    I've been running into the same problem all day. I haven't been able to connect from a demo player outside my network using the cloud, or inside my LAN wifi. In each instance, they get stuck on the "Acquiring File List" screen and it never moves. This is even before I had Fantasy Grounds Classic installed (which I decided I might want to try switching to now if it will have less of these problems).

Out of curiosity, did you uninstall it from the connecting computer or the host GM computer? Because this happened to me when neither player had the classic version installed. I decided to install it now, but that's only because the unity version keeps breaking and I wanted to see if it would work with Classic (which I'm not having luck with either, I've been having issues trying to forward ports on my google wifi but that's a separate issue).

EDIT: So, quick update. I was able to have a player load in after I removed every player-facing module from allowing player loading. Also, it was through private LAN. It's not super helpful, though, as I would like players to be able to use the books I bought to help them make characters if I'm ever able to start a campaign in this thing.
    I uninstalled it from the connecting computer.

Hi,

I'm from Germany an my ISP is M-Net if I ping patch.fantasygrounds.com:

Ping wird ausgeführt für patch.fantasygrounds.com [70.35.199.236] mit 32 Bytes Daten:
    Antwort von 70.35.199.236: Bytes=32 Zeit=128ms TTL=51
    Antwort von 70.35.199.236: Bytes=32 Zeit=126ms TTL=51
    Antwort von 70.35.199.236: Bytes=32 Zeit=126ms TTL=51
    Antwort von 70.35.199.236: Bytes=32 Zeit=127ms TTL=51

It is responding with ~127 ms Latency. Any other hints? As I said it worked fine on this Computer unitl I installed the new downloaded version.

updateFGU.PNG

Its like this after all the tries. All updates broke down after a short amount of time, it is counting the MBytes and after 2 up to 5 MBytes it is stopping. I also tried another account (Windows) on this laptop but it did not help. Tonight 5 Players want to create their characters and the server is not running. Anything else I can do?

I also tried to install it from scratch and gave the installer a new folder for Data but it is *wait for it* not working.

Maybe it is something with undeleted registry entries which have not been deleted after uninstall routine?
    Last edited by Elminster the White; March 28th, 2020 at 15:07.

Thread Information