DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Can tables be made and shared among other (game-masters) like a module?

Greetings,

I am dithering about making a large number of tables for myself and possibly to share with folks to save them the time to build.

In pathfinder 2, I realized that I would need to build 'random' monster tables almost for each level of character development as the encounters can't vary too far from the level of the players without becoming trivial or impossible.

So for example using Shades Bestiary I can create tables for 1rst level, 2nd and 3rd level and I can also create loot table to automatically roll with those based on the level of the encounter.

Are such tables able to be shared between us (the FG community)?

Is doing such a project something folks here would be interested in?

You can't share anything that is copyright. So you could share a table that has random encounters in them but you would not be able to share the actual monsters.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

To expand on what Zacchaeus says - you'll be able to provide links to creature records in other modules within your tables - which is the standard functionality within FG. But if you go beyond this, you'll need to ensure that you either only use links to other modules, or the data you include in the module is 100% OGL material (and include the OGL within the module).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Might the community use apply as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
    Might the community use apply as well?
    Only if using graphics covered by the community use policy.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Trenloe and Zaccheus,

I was just thinking basic tables with the creatures that are currently in the community bestiary made by shade.

There would be no images but the stats for the critters would be. I was thinking a table with 30 entries each for 2 levels > 1-2, 3-4, 5-6 and so on to level ten.

On a side note I am not sure where various groups are in P2 Adventure levels but my group is now level 3. I am curious where other groups are.

I have all the hard copies of the Ashes path adventures and will be purchasing the FG versions as my group advances into them.

Quote Originally Posted by Larsenex View Post
    Trenloe and Zaccheus,

I was just thinking basic tables with the creatures that are currently in the community bestiary made by shade.

There would be no images but the stats for the critters would be. I was thinking a table with 30 entries each for 2 levels > 1-2, 3-4, 5-6 and so on to level ten.

On a side note I am not sure where various groups are in P2 Adventure levels but my group is now level 3. I am curious where other groups are.

I have all the hard copies of the Ashes path adventures and will be purchasing the FG versions as my group advances into them.
    I'm definitely interested in those.

Thanks for the repies to this thread. Over on Paizo's forums there is a longer thread I just discovered regarding 'random' encounter tables and the fact that there are none.

Due to such tight math there really cant be a random encounter for the party +5 or +6 levels higher. It would be death to everyone.

Now in that thread

{ https://paizo.com/threads/rzs42was?G...dom-encounters } a Paizo guy posted that they wanted to know if

folks were interested in such tables and a lot of folks are saying yes.

It maybe they may include them in a publication coming up! If that happens that means that FG would eventually get around to making them!

Thread Information