DICE PACKS BUNDLE

SWADE module: How to Make Existing Edges Editable?

I'm new to Fantasy Grounds and I'm bit embarrassed to admit I'm stumped on how to do this, or whether it's even doable?

I rarely use pre-written adventures or settings and my homebrews always involve some modifications or deletions of a few existing edges and skills. When I load the Edges page from the Library and click the edit button, only the 3 Edges I've created are editable. I'm fairly confident this isn't related to drive security on my PC, because I'm running FG as Administrator and the Administrator and my user account both have full access to the data folder and sub-folders.

If there's a way of doing this, I'd appreciate reading about it or being pointed to a resource that details how to do it.

Blog Entries
    Drag the edge you want to edit to somewhere else in the edge list, it will create a copy. The copy will have a lock icon in the top right, unlock and edit away.

edges and hindrances are locked by default.
    Ultimate License Holder

Blog Entries
    All player data in the DLC is read-only (you'll notice a red 'lock' icon) so that you always have the real as-written data available. If you need to edit something (and this applies to anything in any ruleset) make a local copy of it and you can edit the copy. In your case, you'd bring up the Edges window. Find the Edge you want to edit, grab it with the mouse then drop it right back into the Edges window and you'll see that a new one (I think with (Copy) in the name?) appears. That one will have a black 'lock' icon and you can click that to make any edits you want.

Well I knew it was something simple I overlooked - many thanks for those replies. So if you can only modify an existing edge by making a copy, is there a way to hide the original edge from the players?

In my homebrew I'm currently testing FG with, I only allow 3 of the arcane backgrounds and 2 of them are significantly modified. I also don't have the Hacking skill in my homebrew and a few of the skills have their base attribute re-linked to a different one. It'd be really nice to have the players only view the modified edges/skills and not see those that aren't supported by the setting.

[Edit] I did notice I could change the "copy" word to something like "use this edge", so there's that at least.
    Last edited by kronovan; January 1st, 2020 at 21:08.

Blog Entries
    I'd just take all the edited content and /export that to a .mod then tell the players to load that. Make a list (perhaps in a Story page, or even using the MOTD extension) somewhere so the players can see which content you want them to select from.

It's the same with official DLC that makes adjustments to existing Edges or Powers or whatever. In the master list, you'll see them all, but you can use the dropdown to choose which source you want to view.

OK cool. I hadn't explored the Export feature yet, but read about it in the user manual and saw the button at the bottom of the library page. I did think about just making sure players new to use the "(New)" item from the drop-downs. For me, it'd be really helpful if I could rename that "new" option on the drop-down lists to my campaign name.

Blog Entries
    You can, there's a brown 'Edit' button on (New) line. You'll need to export anyway, however, because I think any local edits you make are purely local and not transmitted to players. Once you export to a player module, it should be auto-shared in the FG Library so players can load it on their end.

You can skip renaming the (New) line if you want for that reason. Whatever name you give to your module when you export will become the source name in all the windows.

Thread Information