DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Firing into melee

When some one shoots his bow is there a way to use the firing in to melee rule. Where it takes the size of the creatures around where he is targeting and then adjusts whom it hits? I have been doing it manually but I wasn't sure if there is a way to set it up so it would be automatic. This is for AD&D 2ed.
    Last edited by Drakarr; April 3rd, 2021 at 08:24.

To my knowledge there isn't any automation for that. I just let players accept the penalties for a called shot to be able to fire into melee without chance to hit friends, howewer.
    Ultimate license holder, do not worry about partecipating Italian DM (gmt+1). check here to find your timezone difference https://everytimezone.com/

- Players live a thousand lives, a DM let live a thousand universes -

Quote Originally Posted by Asterionaisien View Post
    To my knowledge there isn't any automation for that. I just let players accept the penalties for a called shot to be able to fire into melee without chance to hit friends, howewer.
    Asterionaisien is correct, there is no automation for this. The rule is to complex and arbitrary to code for.

I use a similar method except if they fumble then I use a random roll to see if it could hit another target in the area and then make them roll another attack against that target. If that hits, the fumble shot hit them.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Asterionaisien is correct, there is no automation for this. The rule is to complex and arbitrary to code for.

I use a similar method except if they fumble then I use a random roll to see if it could hit another target in the area and then make them roll another attack against that target. If that hits, the fumble shot hit them.
    Cool I like this idea.

Thread Information