5E Character Create Playlist

macOS FGU resolution is not correct when Maximized

2015 15" Macbook Pro running macOS 10.14.6 and FGU with most current update and no external display attached.

FGU displays using the same resolution as set in macOS display preferences 1440 x 900. a FGU is in window mode with red, yellow and green buttons showing. If the green button is clicked FGU switches to full screen "window". If FGU is maximized using the radial menu then FGU goes to full screen and changes resolution to the highest resolution available which is 2880 x 1800 on my Mac. If I use the FGU radial to "restore window" then it returns to a 1440 x 900 Window. The higher resolution is almost unreadable on a 15" screen.

Screenshots of the the problem.

FGU 1440 X 900 Screen Shot 2019-12-31 at 1.51.02 PM.png FGU 2880 x 1800 Screen Shot 2019-12-31 at 1.51.27 PM.png
    Last edited by Ulric; January 1st, 2020 at 01:13.
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

Thanks for reporting. I've filed as task FGU-843. From quick research, this appears to be bug in current Unity platform that is fixed in next version of Unity. We'll have to wait to address this until next Unity version is released, and we can verify that the new Unity version doesn't break anything else.

For now, I would recommend using built-in Mac system maximize button or stretching across desktop, instead of using maximize radial menu.

Regards,
    JPG

I've run into something similar on a few other Applications. If you get info on Fantasy Grounds (which should be in /Applications/SmiteWorks/) you can set it to run in Low Resolution mode, which should make Fantasy Grounds treat your MacBook screen as its effective resolution, and not its actual resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKoyoteKid View Post
    I've run into something similar on a few other Applications. If you get info on Fantasy Grounds (which should be in /Applications/SmiteWorks/) you can set it to run in Low Resolution mode, which should make Fantasy Grounds treat your MacBook screen as its effective resolution, and not its actual resolution.
    On my Macbook your suggestion only works if I use an app to downgrade my resolution from retina to standard resolution. You can use an Free app called Easyres to easily demonstrate that clicking the "Low resolution" box in "Get Info" does not properly solve the problem.
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

Quote Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
    On my Macbook your suggestion only works if I use an app to downgrade my resolution from retina to standard resolution. You can use an Free app called Easyres to easily demonstrate that clicking the "Low resolution" box in "Get Info" does not properly solve the problem.
    Sorry to hear that it didn't solve the issue. I've used that method for other applications, such as Pathfinder Kingmaker, which also uses Unity. Perhaps it's just a different underlying cause.

When you load FG, you can click the folder icon in the top left corner and change a slider that says either GUI or FUI application at the top

Quote Originally Posted by SpcmanSpiff View Post
    When you load FG, you can click the folder icon in the top left corner and change a slider that says either GUI or FUI application at the top
    Thanks but you are replying to an old post that concerns a problem during the beta test of FGU. The developers have already fixed this issue.
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Playing -
    My Forge Creations

Thread Information