5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

DCC Character Portraits and Tokens

After picking up the FG DCC ruleset, I pulled out my copy of the DCC manual and started putting together a stack of portraits and tokens to use in the game. These use the original artwork, which is obviously not mine to distribute, so I emailed Goodman and asked for guidance. I was told that I could go ahead and share them to the Goodman Games forums as well as the Fantasy Grounds forums.

Here's the link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/10uM...ew?usp=sharing

And here's an excerpt from the README to explain what's within the ZIP archive:

This archive includes character portraits (63x63, square) and matching tokens (100x100, round, framed) which were made for use with Fantasy Grounds' implementation of the DCC ruleset. The artwork is pulled straight out of DCC books, mostly the core rule book. Which is to say that this artwork is not mine to distribute. However, I contacted Goodman Games and was told that I could post them to the Goodman Games forums as well as the Fantasy Grounds forums.

What's Included?

• color_overlay.xcf: This is a Gimp document with 6 color layers which can be applied to the master copies to create tinted versions of the portraits and tokens.
    • dcc-portraits.ppk: A Fantasy Grounds portrait pack. This is just a renamed ZIP archive. It contains 177 square (63x63) character portraits.
    • dcc-tokens.mod: A Fantasy grounds tokens module. This is another renamed ZIP archive. It contains 177 framed, round (100x100) character tokens. The images are the same as found in the portraits.
    • masters-portraits-tokens: This is a folder of Gimp documents. These are the master files from which I derived the final portraits and tokens.
    Last edited by Tuirgin; August 28th, 2020 at 13:55.

This is amazing - thanks for putting in this effort, as well as clearing the rights with Goodman Games! I'll definitely use these for my DCC games in the future.

You're very welcome. I was on vacation last week for the holidays, so wanted to treat my players on Sunday with some DCC artwork goodness.

I don't play DCC but I can appreciate the work you did and the fact that the artwork can be re-used to other OSR-themed games such as Forbidden Lands and AD&D
    Thank you for providing also the sources, professional work.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

You're welcome. It costs me nothing to include my original working files, so why not? I'm glad you'll find them useful!

Blog Entries
    Well done! I appreciate that...

Quote Originally Posted by leozelig View Post
    Well done! I appreciate that...
    Thank you! Glad you like them.

EXACTLY what I was looking for! Thanks!

Those are awesome! Thanks!
    Where is male-81 dude from? I've searched the core book, didn't find him there

Great work Tuirgin!

Thread Information