STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMookNet View Post
    I feel like my setup is decent, but the ultimate goal is one-shots with rotating players, so that's something good to keep in mind -- players showing up with awful audio.
    Yep, the moment I hear cheap and terrible audio from GM or any of the players, I simply drop the video. It is extremely annoying to listen to noises or people who has no manners, eat and do all kind of noises at the microphone.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

I have consumed entirely to much TTRPG in streams, and I think option 2 is the best.

I’ve never played in a game with video. Now I’m curious.

I did twitch streaming of the new Alien RPG with a custom overlay where the players were equally spaced along the top (5 players), the GM video was slightly bigger and on the left, the FG chat window (from a localhost client so the GM rolls an whispers were still hidden) was in the middle, and relevant maps were on the right. For our purposes, it was a smashing success!

twitchscreenshot.jpg
    Last edited by JimSocks; January 8th, 2020 at 01:42.

Blog Entries
    Personally I don't know if I'd want to be "on camera" for a game... a lot of frankly weird stuff seems to happen in the background when I'm playing.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    Personally I don't know if I'd want to be "on camera" for a game... a lot of frankly weird stuff seems to happen in the background when I'm playing.
    Specifically for that reason I use a program called ChromaCam. Its free, or you can pay a one time license to use it. It makes a virtual greenscreen behind you to block whats behind you. Its not perfect, and sometimes a little bit of the edges of my face get cut, but overall it does a good job of hiding whats behind me.

https://www.chromacam.me/
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

I'm actually now on more of a fence regarding video -- visual cues do seem helpful, but at the size we're talking about I'm not sure how effective that is. There's also some benefit in each player having an evocative an in-setting appropriate avatar as opposed to the dissonance of Mook the old neckbeard playing a young elf warrior. A way to indicate who's speaking would be helpful, but I think Discord's overlay can do that.
    How to Be a GURPS GM, author
    Game Geekery, Blog (GURPS combat examples, fillable PDF sheets, rules summaries, campaigns and one-shots, intro for beginners)
    Discord, unofficial GURPS hangout and real-time chat

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    Have you tried exorcism?

Thread Information