DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Blog Entries

Modding the SW Character Sheet

So I'm a complete noob, working on a post apocalypse campaign. I'm looking to add some things to the normal character sheet such as AI recognition and mutations... not sure about the mutations, I may fiddle about and modify them to be similar to a Power or spell like ability.

I can;t seem to find a way to change the basic character sheet and know I have to be missing something.

Blog Entries
    So far I'm working on the races and racial abilities. Just the basics like having an Attribute start at a d6 instead of a d4.

Thinking of having the mutations being an "Arcane Background" a bit like how Weird Science is portrayed.

Also thinking of having Artifact Check (figuring out the tech of the Ancients) be a derived character trait based on Smarts and a racial ability.

I'm going back and writing out the race descriptions with a spell checker as well as expanding them at the moment. Figure try to tackle the easier stuff first. I know for making the Attributes it [Smarts +1d]. I've got the extension doc to figure out the custom weapons, and should help with the mutations.

Blog Entries
    Sorry - where are you up to in modding the Char Sheet? What have you tries so far? What are you stuck with?

Blog Entries
    I know I'm probably missing something simple as I'm a noob. But a wise man asks where a fool will stew in his frustration.

Would like to have it be in there with the Derived Stats. From some of the video tutorials I know in rule sets like the core rules you can add stuff to a character sheet (it starts out as blank you add strength, intelligence, ect). If it can't be done with a purchased rule set I'll end up trying to find a way to put it in the notes or another section.

SW CS.jpg

Blog Entries
    For this you will need to write an extension - possibly just XML but also it might need Lua as well if you are doing any calculations or rolls.

Here is a video where I show how I made an extension for the 5E character sheets.
    All the concepts will be the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_CulFJYs-M

It is longish...

Blog Entries
    Thank you much. I'm not afraid of slinging some script (it's been so long since I touched code). I'm still in the learning curve like I said but love the flexibility and features that can be added into FG. Looks like I made the right choice of VTTs . Also like the community. Helping out someone new makes the person being helped want to pay that help forward when they learn enough to be able to offer help.

With any sort of art/craft you don't start out being able to make masterpieces, you have to waste some marble before sculpting a museum quality piece.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RunningWolf View Post
    Thank you much. I'm not afraid of slinging some script (it's been so long since I touched code). I'm still in the learning curve like I said but love the flexibility and features that can be added into FG. Looks like I made the right choice of VTTs . Also like the community. Helping out someone new makes the person being helped want to pay that help forward when they learn enough to be able to offer help.

With any sort of art/craft you don't start out being able to make masterpieces, you have to waste some marble before sculpting a museum quality piece.
    Most of us will never make a masterpiece either - but thats ok!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Most of us will never make a masterpiece either - but thats ok!
    If either of us had a dollar for every garage band that never got signed, a writer with an unpublished manuscript, or artist that never had a show at a gallery we'd be able to retire rich and still have money left over to buy everyone in poverty a house.

My idea of a masterpiece is running an adventure where everyone has fun. It might not be much in the grand scheme of things being able to let folks have fun for a few hours is a good thing.

-------------

I know I was looking a bit at the MoreCore stuff but wanted to get my feet wet before tackling something from almost scratch. I do have a setting that would be more suited to a 3d6 roll under mechanic and looks like the stuff you've done would help out a bunch.

Blog Entries
    MoreCore has rolls that work for so many systems now and you can very much write your own rolls for it too.
    While MoreCore out of the box wont provide the slickness of 5E or SavageWorlds it does have a lot of functionality in it that can be done with drag and drop and building a Rolls library.

I just watched that video I linked you to (on 2x speed) and it does a pretty reasonable job of showing how/why/where to do stuff.
    The actual code for you want to do - that bit you have to work out yourself!

Thread Information