STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    I don’t like the theme. Does not fit Conan IMO, more a Greek-style rpg. I hope this will be changed.
    Oh, gosh. I hope not. I love it!

EDIT: And I'm not saying that just to be contrary. I think they did a good job on trying to copy the feel of the rule books. I uploaded a slice of the FG and the Book just to give people an idea of where I'm coming from.

Of course, this is a matter of taste so I'm NOT trying to say that you're WRONG. Just that I don't feel the same way.

Cheers!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Art Wendorf; April 21st, 2020 at 22:10.
    --Art "Everything I do is a work of Art" Wendorf
    An Ultimate License Holder so anyone can join the fun!
    Timezone: US Central Time [UTC-6?]

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Looks good. We definitely need a couple of usage videos to give an idea of how to do things the best way.

Kinda worked out how to do an NPC roll - double-click on the attribute and the expertise that will be used, this populates the target number in the red panel under the chat window (or just click on the target panel and type in the target number - I find double clicking on the attribute and expertise numbers is hit-or-miss as to whether it adds the value to the target number panel). Then drag that target number from the panel to the chat window to roll.

Plus:
    • Clicking the dots under the target number panel determines the number of d20s rolled.
    • Selecting the "DCx" button determines the number of successes needed.

It would have been nice if the artwork from the book was in the reference manual. And they'd used the artwork to create some tokens and portraits. But, still looks very nice and will hopefully mature over time.
    We will be releasing a user guide within the next couple hours on our website on the basic usage of the table.
    Wesley Toma-Lee
    Lead Developer
    Nerd Eye Industries
    https://www.nerdeyeindustries.com

Quote Originally Posted by statik37 View Post
    We will be releasing a user guide within the next couple hours on our website on the basic usage of the table.
    Wow! That's great to hear as well. Seems like you're trying to cover as many bases as possible. I think that's awesome of you.
    --Art "Everything I do is a work of Art" Wendorf
    An Ultimate License Holder so anyone can join the fun!
    Timezone: US Central Time [UTC-6?]

One of the store screenshots shows map packs, are those part of the purchase or unreleased extras?

Quote Originally Posted by Valatar View Post
    One of the store screenshots shows map packs, are those part of the purchase or unreleased extras?
    Good eye! Yes, its a case of.. But wait, there's more!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunspoticus View Post
    Here's a short doc on some of the basic usage: https://nerdeyegames.com/files/fg/co...esetDoc1.6.pdf
    Great stuff, thanks.

I also found a stream of the ruleset being used. Picked up some of the basics from this: https://youtu.be/saJl2_oO4Ek

I've already entered "The Pit of Kutallu" into it, it's easy and quick to enter npc's/monsters. So far I like it. I do admit to being spoiled with 5e's automations so it took me a few minutes to get used to how the npc's roll lol

Quote Originally Posted by Art Wendorf View Post
    EDIT: And I'm not saying that just to be contrary. I think they did a good job on trying to copy the feel of the rule books. I uploaded a slice of the FG and the Book just to give people an idea of where I'm coming from.

Of course, this is a matter of taste so I'm NOT trying to say that you're WRONG. Just that I don't feel the same way.

Cheers!
    Agree with you - it is matter of taste. If you look at the theme outside of the Conan 2d20 rulebooks that it is good, because it feels like the old Modiphius line where the yellow parchment was prevailing in the color books. It was not that intensive, but it still yellow. This shate is more suitable for Greek or Egyptian theme, rather than the more dull brownish palette that Modiphius came. Also the world of Conan has always been like that. They have re-used the assets from CoreRPG and only the PC,NPC sheets' frame is somehow special. It is not a problem, CoreRPG is good for Fantasy games, but I expected more work to be put here, especially after the community extensions are much more creative.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Not sure there's much to it. There're some conditions in the effects window, but I think they're just informational.

There's no targeting (that I can see) - and I don't think you can drag/drop damage, so damage appears to have to be applied manually.

All of the above is OK - if we just know what to do up front. I'm fairly experienced with all the nuances of different FG rulesets and it's taking me a while to work out the basics of this...

On the ruleset part... I find hard to justify 45 USD for lack of automation, CT play and this weird approach to NPC dice rolling. W was really excited and the wallet was ready. The community extensions are already providing more functionalities and quality of life improvements. The Difficulty rating buttons are nice for reporting, but I see no problem to make this math on the spot when playing. I will be following the evolution of this ruleset.
    Last edited by Valyar; April 22nd, 2020 at 05:50.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

I have the Kickstarter PDF and some sourcebooks, is there a discount on the FG ruleset for us?

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    On the ruleset part... I find hard to justify 45 USD for lack of automation, CT play and this weird approach to NPC dice rolling. W was really excited and the wallet was ready. The community extensions are already providing more functionalities and quality of life improvements. The Difficulty rating buttons are nice for reporting, but I see no problem to make this math on the spot when playing. I will be following the evolution of this ruleset.
    What ruleset were you using to run Conan/2d20 games before? Any shortcomings with character sheets or mechanics?

What is "CT play" and the weird approach to NPC dice rolling? Not that familiar with the system, haven't read the book, yet, as it hasn't been playable in FG AFAIK.
    Last edited by Magnimost; April 23rd, 2020 at 14:04.

Thread Information