Starfinder Playlist
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Thread: Mac Performance

Quote Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
    I have been using this exact Mac Mini a a player on the FGU Dev Server as a local player with good results. I have not tried to use it as a GM. I have seen great improvements in with the current Dev builds compared to the original releases on the Live Server.
    Well, I'm still having serious lag issues. How do I know if I'm on the Dev server or Live server?

There is only the Live server for FGU. There are still large areas we need to work on for performance, but we're working from the installer/updater/network and then into performance and other areas. Lots to work on during this Early Access period.

To reduce lag in game, try using less modules and extensions during play, and keep to minimum for now.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    There is only the Live server for FGU. There are still large areas we need to work on for performance, but we're working from the installer/updater/network and then into performance and other areas. Lots to work on during this Early Access period.

To reduce lag in game, try using less modules and extensions during play, and keep to minimum for now.

Regards,
    JPG
    That's the thing, I have no extensions, and just opened up the basic test campaign, no modules loaded, and if I open up an image window of any kind, the program grinds to a halt.

Gozer,

What are the specs of your Mac? (i.e. make and model, any options)
    Also, what version of OSX are you running?

Thanks,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Gozer the Gozerian View Post
    I'm on an older Mac Mini (2011 2.3ghz i5, 16GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB graphics), but the current build is just completely unusable for me. So much lag. I'm sure that the answer will be for me to buy a new computer, but that's just not feasible right now.
    I'm running OSX 10.12.6 (Sierra). I don't want to upgrade any higher on this machine, due to some other programs I want to run. I am planning an upgrade, but it will not be in the near future - like 2 years, and if I need to keep running FGC until then, I guess that's what I'll do, I paid less for the upgrade than I would have if I bought it now. I was just expecting for it to run on my current machine.

Gozer, could you please email a copy of your Player log to me at [email protected]

I would recommend using a terminal to copy the log to your desktop since you might not be able to navigate easily to the log location otherwise.

cp ~/Library/Logs/SmiteWorks/Fantasy\ Grounds\Player.log ~/Desktop/

I'm hoping that might shed some light on what might be happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Gozer the Gozerian View Post
    I'm running OSX 10.12.6 (Sierra). I don't want to upgrade any higher on this machine, due to some other programs I want to run.
    You should know that Sierra is no longer supported by Apple, you're not getting security updates, and because of that your compatibility problems with recent programs including but not limited to FGU are likely to get worse over time... well in advance of your two year goal.

https://www.howtogeek.com/350901/whi...urity-updates/

OSX 10.13 and OSX 10.14 are the only releases that Apple currently supports.

delete me
    Last edited by Eliyah; March 27th, 2020 at 11:57.

Well, experiencing the same issue, fan goes nut, cpu usage at 115% etc... can't wait for better performance. It is unusable right now.

I have a macbook air 2017 with Catalina 10.15.4

Same issue for me. Extremely high cpu usage and fan goes crazy. Computer gets extremely hot as well. Performance renders the application completely unusable.

2018 Macbook Air running Catalina 10.15.4.

Thread Information