5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

How do you transfer FG over to a new computer?

Got a new computer and what are procedures for relocating the FG to new machine.

Blog Entries
    I'm a noob but I thought it was just a matter of downloading/installing the demo on the new computer and entering your lisc key....

And then copying the contents of your "campaigns" folder, if you GM...

Hi John, welcome to FG.

In your old computer click the small icon at the top right of the start screen and this will take you to your FGData ffolder. If as Andraax says you are the DM then make a copy of the Campaigns folder onto a pen drive or external drive of some kind; or save it to Drop[box or whatever.

Install FG on your new computer; enter your license key and your username and password and then click update and FG will install and download any DLC that you have. You can then copy the campaigns folder from your old computer into the new one.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Blog Entries
    Since it's usually in a hidden folder you might need to go into windows setting. Gimme a minute to grab a screen shot.... I believe the App Data folder is hidden by default.

I just gifted a friend a Windows 10 box and know it's usually set to not show hidden files by default.
    go to the View tab -> Options -> View in the new pop up window -> a tiny bit down to click on the show hidden folders, files, ect.

Wanted to save you some frustration in case you didn't know how to change it. If you don't normally screw around with system files change it back to hide the stuff.

screenies.jpg
    Last edited by RunningWolf; December 25th, 2019 at 18:22. Reason: screen shot

The main files you want to copy are the contents of the Campaign Folder as many have said above. Then any module/extensions you have that are not purchased from Smiteworks/Steam. Stuff from DMG or downloaded from the forums. Then any custom/personal tokens you have stored in the tokens directory.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

I logged in and it didnt load my D&D DM Guide, Players Guide and Storm Kings Thunder, which I was running on my old computer, it shows the campaign but the only thing that has any data is the characters that were playing in it.

Quote Originally Posted by lbw View Post
    I logged in and it didnt load my D&D DM Guide, Players Guide and Storm Kings Thunder, which I was running on my old computer, it shows the campaign but the only thing that has any data is the characters that were playing in it.
    Welcome to the FG forums!

Make sure you've logged in with your FG username and password in the Settings window, and then run an update - this will download all the content associated with your FG account.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

that was what I was saying I did and it did not add those items I bought, also forgot the Monster Manual, they dont show up in my library

so I just copy pasted the whole Fantasy Grounds Folder from my old computer onto the new install folder did that mess something up maybe?

Thread Information