DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

LFP Need 1-4 more players, Sunday PM for EST/UTC -5 DCC 0-Level Funnel

UPDATE: The game is tentatively filled. Feel free to request a spot and if I have any cancellations I'll pull new folks in.

• FG License: GM has Ultimate, so players just need the demo client
    • Game System: Dungeon Crawl Classics
    • Time Zone: EST/UTC -5
    • Date/Time: Sunday, December 29th afternoon/evening, with start time to be confirmed within the next two days. It's currently leaning towards 5-6 pm EST for a start time.
    • Planned Duration: We'll play for 3-4 hours. At 2.5-3 hours, if it looks like we won't finish, we'll discuss whether the group want to schedule another session, or wrap things up without finishing the adventure.
    • Frequency: One-shot
    • Communication: Discord, voice only
    • Recording/Streaming The session will not be recorded or streamed.
    • # of Players: We have 3 confirmed players, 2 tentative, and can add up to 2-3 more players total.
    • Game Description: This is a 0-Level funnel. Each player will run several peasants through the adventure. Half or less are expected to survive.
    • Experience Level: People new to DCC will be prioritized. The current players have never played DCC and some have no recent experience with RPGs. The GM is new to FG, new to DCC, and new to running games for adults. This will be a learner-paced session.
    • Game Calendar page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=3706
    Last edited by Tuirgin; December 25th, 2019 at 05:57.

Blog Entries
    Sounds good. I'm familiar with the tabletop MCC but not DCC.

Quote Originally Posted by RunningWolf View Post
    Sounds good. I'm familiar with the tabletop MCC but not DCC.
    Hi, there. We're trying to narrow down start times. It's currently leaning towards something like 5pm or 6pm EST/UTC -5. Would that work for you as a start time?

Blog Entries
    That works for me, we're in the same time zone.

Complete noob for Fantasy Grounds, I do have Discord set up. Forget the web page (purple sorcerer?) but can whip out some pregens if they are not provided.

re: Fantasy Grounds noob... that makes two of us! I just picked up the ultimate edition when it went on sale and have been figuring out what I need to know for Sunday.

I've already built up a roster of pregens and have created a module with some extra roll-tables to fill in a couple gaps in FG's DCC character generation. If by some chance we run out of pregen characters, we can create a new character really quickly in-game.

I sent you a pm w/ Discord info... See you there!

I would be interested Tuirgin if a spot becomes open. I have just recently started playing DCC (2 sessions) and am planning to Judge games too. I am very familiar with FG.

Hi, Tabarkus. I'll add you to the standy list and let you know if I get an opening.

Hey Tuirgin, thanks! However, I saw your post on the DCC Discord channel and realized you are running the one and only DCC adventure that I've played through. I've run several "half way through" adventures in Sailors on the Starless Sea; and have read Portal Under the Stars and Nebin Pendlebrook's Perilous Pantry. So, just my luck you picked an adventure I've been through and I'm not one to run twice unless you just needed someone to round out the party.

Once I get through the session on Sunday, I'm considering my options for the future. While I'm wanting to get a solid campaign going, I'm also considering running a monthly series of adventures/mini-campaigns which I'll treat as open-table with folks being able to join whichever sessions work for them without the need for any sort of roster consistency. The monthly series would likely be focused on packaged adventures, without frequent re-runs.

I'm interested in joining if you still have room. I've never played DCC, but it looks amazing!

Thread Information