5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

SWADE Bug - Unable to drag and drop card from card deck onto map for chase.

Not possible to drag and drop cards from card deck onto the map for SWADE chases anymore, unlike in FG Classic.
    Extension writer, FGU Backer, Ultimate License holder.

5E Enhancer (development and support on hold for now)

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

I'm not familiar with SWADE. Could you walk me through the steps to recreate this, given that I don't know SWADE?

Thanks,
    JPG

To begin, SWADE reimplements the Record Image.

Basically in a SWADE chase you pick a card from the card tool (which isn't working 100% either), and drop it directly on the map. When you do that, it actually places a card token on the map (Which we don't have on assets on FGU). You drop cards side by side to represent an abstract chase sequence. Dropping those cards isn't working.

To recreate, open any image. Click on the Tools button (upper right), then on the card deck. Drag a cart into the map. There should be a card token on the map where you drop it of the exact type of the card drawn on the deck.

We also have a feature that shows up when you unlock an image (that isn't showing on FGU for obvious reasons), where you activate Chase mode. On chase mode, any character on the same column of a card targeting another character on the column of another card, will get it's distance from the cards instead of their characters. Example: If I'm on the second card in line, attacking someone on the fourth card, it would consider the distance as if two squares away.

As Dr0W explained above.
    Here is a screenshot with directions to clarify further:

Chase.jpg

1) Enable 'Desktop: Card Deck'
    2) Drag and drop a card from the card deck, onto an image. In FGC it drags and drops and resizes to fit the grid.

If using the inbuilt chase automation as Dr0W explained above, here is the Chase button after unlocking the image.

Enable chase mode button.jpg
    Last edited by StoryWeaver; December 19th, 2019 at 05:21.
    Extension writer, FGU Backer, Ultimate License holder.

5E Enhancer (development and support on hold for now)

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

A video on how chases work in SWADE using FGC. That may help frame the issue.

https://youtu.be/FZRk0HAxoS8

Thread Information