FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

BECMI - monster Manual

So I’ve been playing with Damned’s Basic dnd Ruleset. Does anyone have a xml diagram for npcs? I’m going to start building out the monster manual
    Gaming since '93 - DMing since '05 - Ultimate License holder
    Games willing to run:
    Savage Worlds
    3.5e DnD
    5e DnD
    Castles and Crusades

Quote Originally Posted by vainazzo View Post
    Does anyone have a xml diagram for npcs?
    Best way is to create a dummy NPC and fill out all the fields. Exit FG and then look at the data in the campaign db.xml file - it'll be under a id-XXXXX tag (where XXXXX = 00001 for the first entry, etc.) in the <npc> section.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Hey vainazzo

Thats a project that has stalled. Im releasing a new MoreCore version this weekend that will have small updates on NPC sheets.
    If you would like - please test a small number of monsters and come back to me and we can discuss what things could/should be added to the sheets so that you can build a longer term version.

Just going on record as yet another that would be interested in a BECMI product!

Ok, I will. I did notice some fields that where not listed in my basic handbooks from the redbox in your version. I was trying to line everything up. I have most of it in a spreadsheet and I was going to script the xml generation

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Hey vainazzo

Thats a project that has stalled. Im releasing a new MoreCore version this weekend that will have small updates on NPC sheets.
    If you would like - please test a small number of monsters and come back to me and we can discuss what things could/should be added to the sheets so that you can build a longer term version.
    Games willing to run:
    Savage Worlds
    3.5e DnD
    5e DnD
    Castles and Crusades

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    You will need to use descriptions from the 3.5 OGL monsters as well as an OGL license statement.
    Is a Hero Point XP?
    Games willing to run:
    Savage Worlds
    3.5e DnD
    5e DnD
    Castles and Crusades

Blog Entries
    No a Hero Point is for systems that have story points or reward points or bonus points that can be used to influence the story, reroll a dice, gain a clue etc.
    They are a MoreCore feature rather than a DbD feature.

ok, thanks... I'm still sorting the data hopefully I can have something in a day or so.
    Games willing to run:
    Savage Worlds
    3.5e DnD
    5e DnD
    Castles and Crusades

Damned’s Basic dnd Ruleset you say? Where could a person find this ruleset?

Thread Information