DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Large Tables Performing Very Slowly

To create tavern names for my story templates, I created a table in a fresh, unmodded campaign just shy of 900 items in size via direct injection of XML into db.xml. Loading the table, however, results in a severe degradation of the table window's performance. Lagtime between click event and response exceeds a few seconds and in extreme cases triggers the "not responding" prompt for my OS (Win10 in this case).

when doing tables with large numbers, you will get much better performance by creating a top level table, and a number of sub tables. You could make 9 subtables, each with 100 items. and 1 top level table with 9 entries. each entry would then roll on one of the sub tables. you get much better performance and no memory impact.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Anything that has a large amount of data is performing poorly right now. For me, one of the worst is my item list which has 44 pages on it. They did tell me recently that they are going to work on performance soon, so hopefully will take care of things like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mattekure View Post
    when doing tables with large numbers, you will get much better performance by creating a top level table, and a number of sub tables. You could make 9 subtables, each with 100 items. and 1 top level table with 9 entries. each entry would then roll on one of the sub tables. you get much better performance and no memory impact.
    This is a good solution, and not that much harder to implement in my importer script. Thanks!

I ran into this a while back when I was implementing a wild surge table with 10,000 entries. my first attempts would crash FG Classic when I tried to load or roll on the table. I ended up splitting it into 1 top level table, and 100 sub tables, each with 100 entries. worked super fast after that.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Thread Information