5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Migration path: campaigns from FG to FGU

Hi folks

I tried searching the forum, but was not very successful, so sorry if this was asked already:
    Is there already a way to migrate a campaign from classic to unity?
    If so, where do I find directions?
    If not, will there be a migration path and when?

TIA for any hints
    LordNanoc

ps: just found out, that Traveller rulesets are available in unity - "wohooo"!! Great stuff Getting antsy to test this.

Simply copy the campaign folder from the Classic FGData/campaigns folder to the Unity/campaigns one.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Copy it, don't move it. There have been a few issues with campaigns being moved and since we are still in beta such might still happen.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Where are the campaign files located for classic and unity? I have a MacBook Pro.

Hi boyneboy, welcome to FG

In either case click on the folder icon at the top right of the start screen and that will open up the FGData folder. Within that you'll see the campaign folder and that's where you will find you campaign in Classic and you'll want to copy it into the same location in Unity.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

That did it! Thanks and Merry Christmas!

I dont have a campaigns folder in my unity folder trees- do I need to just make one?

Quote Originally Posted by JimSocks View Post
    I dont have a campaigns folder in my unity folder trees- do I need to just make one?
    That should work as long as the folder appears exactly as in the classic directory tree.

Quote Originally Posted by JimSocks View Post
    Are you using the demo? If not then you should have a campaign folder I think. Make sure that FG is pointing at the correct location for your FGData folder in settings.

Thread Information