DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Pathfinder 2 RPG - Pathfinder Society discounts

hello, Pathfinder 2 RPG - Pathfinder Society is not applying the discounts for having bought it in the paizo shop?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vyruxx View Post
    hello, Pathfinder 2 RPG - Pathfinder Society is not applying the discounts for having bought it in the paizo shop?
    I think you will need to provide the product codes so SmiteWorks can check if they are set to Sync.

My product codes was synced.

Smiteworks needs to discuss their pricing policy here.

Already being discussed in another thread, since the paizo PDF and FG price are the same, that would mean FG gets nothing....it was noted that the usual comment about the linked discount is not in the text.

But people bought paizo subs for physical products with the expectation of digital products included, and digital products came with the understanding you did not need to pay their price multiple times.
    Last edited by yarnevk; December 11th, 2019 at 16:13.

Quote Originally Posted by yarnevk View Post
    But people bought paizo subs for physical products with the expectation of digital products included, and digital products came with the understanding you did not need to pay their price multiple times.
    This is a grey area as for the PFS scenarios there are no physical products. So, as you mention, SmiteWorks and the community developer would get nothing if the current model is followed. Which would pretty much mean we wouldn't get a community developer and we wouldn't get any PFS products developed for FG. Plus SmiteWorks would be making a loss, so there is no sense in them making them available either. I would hope that most people would be realistic and understand that the PFS PDF only products need a different pricing structure than the print products.

I agree that SmiteWorks need to work out their pricing policy for PFS PDF conversions and also amend the relevant wording of the Paizo PDF agreement where appropriate.
    Last edited by Trenloe; December 11th, 2019 at 17:23. Reason: Clarified some info
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

remember that none of the RPG companies that Smiteworks works with offer discounts for previously purchased digital products, WOTC don't even do PDF's let alone give you discount on DnD Beyond for having already bought the book. its very good unique deal you get when you buy a conversion of a Paizo book and you get a free PDF or a discount if you already have it , Smiteworks simply won't publish these society adventures unless they is a small profit in it for them.

FWIW, I hope the conversions continue and , especially for those that have not purchased society scenarios previously in pdf- they make great full day gaming sessions at a reasonable price.

Yes I understand that SW needs to make something not nothing.

My point is they need to have a statement because the present policy IS that modules are discounted by PDF price (or vice versa)

Something that could be done is season bundles, since the reason for not doing bundles was the PDF discount.
    Last edited by yarnevk; December 12th, 2019 at 03:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    FWIW, I hope the conversions continue and , especially for those that have not purchased society scenarios previously in pdf- they make great full day gaming sessions at a reasonable price.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...WPZOPFS0103EFG

more on the way, hopefully very soon

Thread Information