5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Sailing ship combat question (Ghosts of Saltmarsh)

As an example I am using the stat block from The "Warship" others are similar. In the "ACTIONS" section its states "on its turn the ship can take 3 actions, choosing from the options below" It has 3 options "Fire Ballista (2) , Fire Mangonel (2) and Move.

From this I can assume it can move, fire a ballista and fire a mangonel as its actions for that turn or any such combinations.. My question is ..because there are 2 ballistas or 2 mangonels do you fire both ballistas counting as one action and firing both mangonels counting as one action?

I think Im seeing it as you can only fire one counting as one action. which means for 3 actions per turrn you can fire a ballista 2 times as thats all you have and move or fire one mangonel.

Any thoughts on this is greatly appreciated .. thanx in advance.

Edit : I found the answer... In the actions tab for ballistas or Mangonels it says 2 targets .. ie Fire Ballista(2) so in essence its says for one action I can fire both ballistas at a target .. 2 targets..
    Last edited by Octavious; December 11th, 2019 at 20:38.

*************** The only constant in the universe is change. *****************

Yes, once you read the whole thing it becomes clear. It's a bit vague when it says it can take three actions choosing then from only three actions; but once you read that it can have less actions once the crew is completed it makes more sense. So with a full crew it can take all three actions and firing both Ballistas or Both mangonels count as a single action.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information