FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Quote Originally Posted by bsycamore View Post
    Just a quick question. Is it possible to import large amounts or even small amounts of UWP data from say CSV extracts, laid out similar to Travellermap data, or is it a matter of entering each system one by one?

I'm about to grab the Traveller Ruleset, but was looking to primarily use it for my own Universe.

Cheers in advance
    In my case I wrote a program that converted the data from a personal dataset into xml formatted information and then just cut and paste my xml into the db.xml campaign file in the worlds entry and then export the sectors as modules within FG. The author of the ruleset has since written a method which extracts data from travellermaps, I've not used it but more info can be found here:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Module-Creator

MBM is a pretty cool and helpful guy, if it can't import what you've got he might be able to figure out how to do it. He's pretty busy so it might take a little time.

This has been tested and continues to function with MGT2 v1.1.4

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    In my case I wrote a program that converted the data from a personal dataset into xml formatted information and then just cut and paste my xml into the db.xml campaign file in the worlds entry and then export the sectors as modules within FG. The author of the ruleset has since written a method which extracts data from travellermaps, I've not used it but more info can be found here:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Module-Creator

MBM is a pretty cool and helpful guy, if it can't import what you've got he might be able to figure out how to do it. He's pretty busy so it might take a little time.
    Would you be willing to share that application? MBM's app to pull data from Traveller Map is really great. I'd love to be able to use it without having type it in manually.

Quote Originally Posted by RexCelestis View Post
    Would you be willing to share that application? MBM's app to pull data from Traveller Map is really great. I'd love to be able to use it without having type it in manually.
    My app is super clunky and requires an ASP classic webserver to be running. It also requires sections to be rewritten for each new sector and requires elf-load of manual activities to make work, such as importing the travellermap info into an access database or copy and pasting the XML into the correct section of a blank .db file and then exporting it to a .mod file. I would not recommend it. I don't even use it anymore because its so much effort.

I thought about writing a standalone to do it more efficiently but MBM wrote his and I got sick so I dropped it.

Thread Information