DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    Blog Entries

Latin-B Character Display Issue

The addition of Latin-A and Latin-B character support was fantastic; however, I have found a couple of characters that still don't display properly in SWADE.

Untitled2.jpg

The affected characters are all in the middle of the Latin-B character set, and all have a caron over the letter.

Hex codes for the problem characters are:

Code:
    C78E         ǎ

C792         ǒ

C794         ǔ

C79A         ǚ
    Ultimate License Holder

Blog Entries
    Oh, and the em-dash doesn't work either.
    Ultimate License Holder

Thanks, I've filed as FGU-805 for Carl to investigate once he has some time away from images.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    As an update I found that both the en-dash "& # 8211;" and em-dash "& # 8212;" both work. Whereas the commonly mentioned lower entities (150 and 151 respectively don't)
    Ultimate License Holder

French letters also display like garble, and " ' " in the Savage Worlds, Hellfrost World Atlas reference guide, appear like boxes.
    So some general font stuff issues here and there.
    Extension writer, FGU Backer, Ultimate License holder.

5E Enhancer (development and support on hold for now)

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

Blog Entries
    Some characters I have found will display properly from plain text (all the ones in the screen shot I posted above) others need the html code (not the html entity).

The issue of characters like apostrophes and quotations is that it possible that they are using a code that FGU doesn't recognize, or the characters in the db/client.xml are in plain text in a format that FGU doesn't like. PEG and a lot of other publishers use the curly apostrophes and quotations in the PDFs, and "smart quotes" support doesn't seem to be in FGU. I know in a few of my older DLC I used different html codes than what I need to use in FGU.
    Ultimate License Holder

Thread Information