Thread: Sidekicks

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    512

    Sidekicks

    Hi.

    I am looking at the D&D Essentials rules, sidekicks in particular. I am wondering if there is a mechanism I didn't see to handle advancing sidekicks or are we supposed to advance the sidekick ourselves whenever they advance?

  2. #2
    Zacchaeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    11,726
    Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    Hi.

    I am looking at the D&D Essentials rules, sidekicks in particular. I am wondering if there is a mechanism I didn't see to handle advancing sidekicks or are we supposed to advance the sidekick ourselves whenever they advance?
    There isn't an automatic way to update an NPC, so it has to be done manually. Only the DM can do this since players can't edit them.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea to the wish list http://fg2app.idea.informer.com/

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    512
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    There isn't an automatic way to update an NPC, so it has to be done manually. Only the DM can do this since players can't edit them.
    Ah, that's a drag. Ok, thanks.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    512
    Perhaps an NPC card could be created for each level so that people who are new to FG/D&D Essentials players don't have to fiddle with upgrading sidekicks.

  5. #5
    Zacchaeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    11,726
    Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    Perhaps an NPC card could be created for each level so that people who are new to FG/D&D Essentials players don't have to fiddle with upgrading sidekicks.
    The sidekicks will need editing anyway, no matter how it's done. They have names, alignment, weapons, armour, races etc.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea to the wish list http://fg2app.idea.informer.com/

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    512
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    The sidekicks will need editing anyway, no matter how it's done. They have names, alignment, weapons, armour, races etc.
    Yeah, I figured that one out. I finally decided it would be easier to create it as a class and just use the PC sheet for doing the editing. Works well enough for the situation and allows me to more easily apply effects and such.

    We're having a ton of fun with the module and plan to use the 3 expansions as well, so happy day.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in