DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Grid distance calculation error

I was checking the various grid formats and realized that with the exception of the square, everyone else is calculating the distance erroneously, so I would like to know if you have any predictions to correct this error.

Can you elaborate on how this are miscalculating, and provide a specific example illustrating what distances you expected to see and what you got instead?

Here some screenshots, I believe the distance is 4 all?
    Attachment 30733 Attachment 30734 Attachment 30735 Attachment 30736

Blog Entries
    You are measuring wrong (at least if this was FGC). Measure center to center, not edge to edge. By doing it the way you are you are experiencing something like rounding errors.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

This is FGU in the unit of measure for any direction 1 and in the unit of measure is meters.
    And the ruleset is GURPS which is 100% CoreRPG compatible

Blog Entries
    Measure to the center of the grids, not the edges, does that show the correct distances? Does it differ when all tokens are properly in the center of their grids and not on the edges.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by yako2020 View Post
    This is FGU in the unit of measure for any direction 1 and in the unit of measure is meters.
    And the ruleset is GURPS which is 100% CoreRPG compatible
    I've been having (I think) a similar discussion about this here.

It looks like "half measurements" are going away for good in FGU based on that thread.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

I think that yako2020 has a valid issue. I've filed as FGU-803 to fix grid unit distance measurement in hex/iso grid types.

To celestian's thread, we're looking at allowing people to turn on "tape measure" style distance measurement, if they want something other than measurement by grid unit increments.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    I think that yako2020 has a valid issue. I've filed as FGU-803 to fix grid unit distance measurement in hex/iso grid types.

To celestian's thread, we're looking at allowing people to turn on "tape measure" style distance measurement, if they want something other than measurement by grid unit increments.

Regards,
    JPG
    This is glorious news Makes it possible to play a certain tactical tabletop game in FG. (Especially if we could group and move a group as a single token)

- Obe
    For your Ars Magica needs :
    https://fgrepository.com

Atque in perpetuum frater, Ave atque vale.

Oberoten I do not know because I have not tried to select several tokens and make the move with them, as for the Celestian post, I've been looking and unfortunately did not understand how to work, because most of the things I do is on the basis of trial and error is made in what we call here "gambiarra"

Thread Information