Adding Languages to an existing Campaign

Folks,

For Mongoose Traveller 2 I've added some Language today (for v1.0.3).

But they don't show in my test/already working campaigns.

If I start a new campaign then they show up, that's ok, but I would like to know if I can add them to an already working campaign (for people that are playing their campaigns).

Cheers,
    MBM

Look at manager_languages.lua in CoreRPG. The onInit and onDesktopInit functions use the bNewCampaign flag to control whether the <languages> database structure is populated with the GameSystem.languages data.
    FG Con 16 Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - Friday April 24th to Sunday April 26th, 2020
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Look at manager_languages.lua in CoreRPG. The onInit and onDesktopInit functions use the bNewCampaign flag to control whether the <languages> database structure is populated with the GameSystem.languages data.
    Yea already seen that, it means I'll have to create a custom function to check the languages exist or not, that would be a better solution all around especially if you have a campaign book that adds a new series of languages (like you do in Traveller).

Anyway this all answers my question, cheers chap.

MBM

Chap,

Checked the code and it classes as a new campaign if the language count is 0. Means no work for the moment, going to check which languages are in MGT2, I'm assuming all the canon languages, so I might add them all in, leaves very little to add in the future.

Cheers

Thread Information