DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    @Holognmoe,
    I believe alot of the issues you come across is due to what you are trying to do manually.
    The system is not set up to manually create a character.
    It is set up to manually create any aspect of a character IE Race, Class, Theme , Abilities ect....
    Everything can be created thru FG, then use the built in system to create the PC.
    Discord User : Samarex#0318
    Ultimate License
    Starfinder Society ID#:274538
    Lets Play a RPG

Specifically, my reports about not being able to enter class and level are because of manual entry. I don't think the client should be in the way of me manually creating a character. But, I also realize you are trying to synchronize with multiple sources, which is great. But, that shouldn't stop things from being unlocked if the user can manage it. My other reports are mostly bugs. I will track down the spell count issue sometime in the not-too-distant future. I have to find the reproducible case.

The ruleset is, in general, meant for the everyday user that wants their stuff automated in FG, not the power user that wants full control over everything. Where it makes sense, and the developers of the ruleset have time, options such as manual entry could possibly be added. But as I have said elsewhere, we have to optimize the time we spend making changes, and are focusing our time on bugfixes to existing ruleset code, and adding features to support official content. While we are in the code making changes, if we see something that is easy to change/add and makes sense for the time it takes to do, some things will be added outside of the boundaries I have mentioned.

Power users can utilize extensions to do whatever they wish, such as override charsheet related code and xml, to allow an option for manual control, or pretty much anything else they want to do within the limits of what FG is capable of. If their extensions are useful and don't break existing code, there is a good chance that they could get incorporated into the ruleset, as I have stated elsewhere. So please, by all means, create extensions that make the ruleset work the way your want it to. If your extension stays within the official content rules, and is useful and well written (read that as easy to understand and implement), then share it and it is possible that it might be implemented.

We appreciate the bug reports, and feature requests tremendously. Keep them coming.
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Thanks! And, I appreciate all the rapid bug fixes and the work you guys are doing! I am looking forward to the new version! Where necessary as I am learning the rules and ruleset, I have just been modifying the xml for my manual build process.

Parenthetically (to refer back to an earlier post), I have kind of been getting used to the new CT effect remove function vs. the Remove Extension, which seems best for 1-off effects. The REMOVE effect extension is better when I have applied something to the whole party and want to remove or change it (as I noticed today in a party of 7, plus a bot).

I will keep sending what I find as I go through the rules, and knowing which automation I have to work around is certainly helpful! Keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by HoloGnome View Post
    Possibly - as above, I was asking under what circumstance the auto-set or recalculate happens so that I can test for it, specifically. The answer above is for me to check it myself. If you can tell me at what point you are resetting the numbers in your code, then I can help with some more unit testing to try to pin down what I was seeing. I reported this issue so that you could capture it. I don't have the reprocible case. I just noticed that something I was doing was causing numbers to be reset incorrectly.

And, as a user, I want my known spells block, for example, to reflect ALL my known spells, since, as a spontaneous caster, I can can cast any of them. And, as a GM, if I look at a player's sheet to ensure it is correct, I want to see the spell block reflect ALL their known spells, including spells from connections or other abilities that increase any counts. So, I think you are misinterpreting the way the known spell count block should work. If my caster knows a spell, then the number in the block should reflect that, even if it is in addition to the base table.
    Ok when you create a Spell caster I.E Mystic or Technomancer the system creates the Spell category and sets the Spells Per day to the table from the CRB. This updates when you level as it is tied to the Class Level.
    Note: the Auto Update of #Spells/per day and #/Spells known only updates if the name of the Spell Class is the actual Class name. I.E Mystic, so the other created Spell Class sections do not update when you level.

Now for the Mystic that gets extra spells from his connection the way to handle this is Create a second Spell Class and and name it Connection, you can then set the #/Per day and #/Spells Known for that Spell Class. You then put your connection spells in that Spell Class and your Regular Mystic Spells in the Mystic Spell Class.

See attachment for example

Second Option:
    If you really want to do all your input for spells manually using the one Spell Class section just change the name from Mystic to I.E-Mystic Spells and the automation for Class Level (in the spells class),Spells per day, and Spell Known will no longer update. but you will have to update them every level.
    Last edited by Samarex; December 10th, 2019 at 00:34. Reason: Added Attachment
    Discord User : Samarex#0318
    Ultimate License
    Starfinder Society ID#:274538
    Lets Play a RPG

Thread Information