DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Ryan and I sat down to try and figure out what was causing the local server to fail on the Mac today; and when we ran the latest Mac build, the local server was already working. However, I want to figure out whether this is something we fixed, or whether it might be a configuration issue we need to look into more.

Can some of the Mac users try running a local server, and let us know your results?

Thanks,
    JPG

I'll test tonight.

The problem remains. I didn't update prior. I'm running the update now.

Screen Shot 2019-12-16 at 7.33.43 PM.png

No change post-update.

Hmm, I wonder if it has something to do with NIC binding order. Are you familiar enough with Mac to try reordering the network card priority order on that machine to see if the order might get it to work?

Ryan (my Mac guy) is mostly out through Christmas and I don't have a Mac (or know how to use it well), so I won't have the ability to dig in until he gets back.

Regards,
    JPG

I tried this with my WiFi turned off and turned on. My router is configured to have port forwarding with the CAT-5 IP address. The CAT-5 interface is also the top service in my list.

I think someone said they had this problem connected to one network but not another (physically different locations).

Screen Shot 2019-12-16 at 9.37.41 PM.png

I see the same behavior on macOS 10.14.6. I am running with the latest FGU updates but have seen the problem on each release that I've tried since the beta was released for macOS. I removed extra entries from the network service list (that's where the network interfaces are listed and prioritized) so I only have Wi-Fi listed there with no other entries but still see the problem.

Interestingly, in the Firewall Options (under System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Firewall), which is where you permanently allow incoming connections through the firewall, I can see listings for FGC but none for FGU. And each time I restart FGU and attempt to run a local server, I'm prompted to allow "FantasyGrounds.app" to accept incoming connections. It doesn't seem to store this setting as I'm prompted anew each time that the application is restarted. But this may not be related to the connection error as turning off the firewall temporarily eliminated the prompt but the connection error stayed the same.

Thanks for the information!

I wonder if the lack of the Firewall saving the access is indicative that it's not getting saved at all, and thus being blocked. I won't be able to test that scenario until Ryan is back.

Regards,
    JPG

Just to confirm

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Thanks for the information!

I wonder if the lack of the Firewall saving the access is indicative that it's not getting saved at all, and thus being blocked. I won't be able to test that scenario until Ryan is back.

Regards,
    JPG
    Hi Moon Wizard,
    Just to confirm on both accounts:
    I do get another allow app/firewall pop-up, and I get the unable to connect to host error, that's after the latest update.

Cheers,
    Graeme.

Sorry for the delay, but I wanted to test with the 10.15.2 update (Catalina), and I am still seeing the same behavior even after the update.

Thread Information