STAR TREK 2d20
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris CB View Post
    It's normal that 127.0.0.1 (localhost) is working. Try using the "internal" IP on the server launcher and use it in the client.

I've tried to launch two instances on my mac and it's working in LAN mode as in cloud mode.

I have and no-go. I’ll have to watch logs and see if the server is actually running.

How are you doing the client? A separate copy of the the .app?

Nop. I've wrote a shell script :

Code:
    #!/bin/sh

"/Applications/SmiteWorks/Fantasy Grounds/FantasyGrounds.app/Contents/MacOS/Fantasy Grounds"
    I launch the server with the icon and the client with the script.
    ---
    Fantasy Cartographer
    Instragram : @chris.rpgmapsArtstationYoutubeDeviantArtFacebook

Composer
    Torone's websiteYoutube channel

Photographer
    Et Des Images

Hi Kent,
    Sorry, I had totally misunderstood the question. Chris had the answer. And my ip is on my home network, so yeah my bad.

So in my case I needed to add my local ip to /etc/hosts, and Chris's solution works like a charm.Screen Shot 2020-02-16 at 8.22.30 PM.jpg

The hosted campaign was LAN, and for the second instance to join I just used my local ip.
    Last edited by Star Drayke; February 17th, 2020 at 02:40.

Please note that we just pushed a new version today that uses an alternate method to look up IP address for LAN server mode.

If you had a problem with this previously, can you please try updating to the newest version, undoing your workarounds, and see if you get the same error or not? If you can test, please let us know.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Star Drayke View Post
    Hi Kent,
    Sorry, I had totally misunderstood the question. Chris had the answer. And my ip is on my home network, so yeah my bad.

So in my case I needed to add my local ip to /etc/hosts, and Chris's solution works like a charm.Screen Shot 2020-02-16 at 8.22.30 PM.jpg

The hosted campaign was LAN, and for the second instance to join I just used my local ip.
    Not sure what I should be looking at in your screenshot. That you have two copies running and it's connecting? I see that. That's good.

What are you getting at with the terminal shots?

Also, what's your /etc/hosts entry?

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Please note that we just pushed a new version today that uses an alternate method to look up IP address for LAN server mode.

If you had a problem with this previously, can you please try updating to the newest version, undoing your workarounds, and see if you get the same error or not? If you can test, please let us know.

Regards,
    JPG
    Out of the box, new computer (believe it or not), fresh install of FGU with today's build (2020-02-27) and still no go connecting to localhost or my actual IP (10.0.0.48). I can ping localhost and 10.0.0.48 just fine.

"Client" is just a copy of the .app called "FantasyGrounds copy.app"

FYI: No license entered in the License field. Just my username/password entered in those fields. Should be considered a nice, clean, "free", beta version.
    Last edited by zuilin; February 28th, 2020 at 00:43.

The issue we were trying to address with this fix was whether the LAN server started without errors, per @IdGibbins earlier posts.

I'll have to see if Ryan (our Mac build guy) to see if he's seeing same issue. Any other Mac people who are having the same issue as @Kent Signorini?

Thanks,
    JPG

Hi Moon Wizard and Kent.

@Moon Wizard, originally I had errors on trying to start host via LAN, to fix it I just added my local ip to /etc/hosts, and then no issues.

@Kent, same deal, I just used the local ip to join, wait until host is completely up, and then join with client, using local ip. (not localhost-127.0.0.1)
    Host-wait-until-up.png
    Client-join-by-local-ip.png

And don't forget to hit the allow connections button. (firewall asks again every-single-time)

Cheers.
    Last edited by Star Drayke; February 28th, 2020 at 03:41.

The latest version successfully starts a local server for me without incident or workaround. Good job!

Thread Information