FG Spreadshirt Swag

Mac Keyboard Shortcuts

How difficult is it to change keyboard mappings? Mac keyboard shortcuts use the Command key for things like cut/copy/paste/undo/redo, and the current build of FGU-Mac uses PC-centric shortcuts, using ctrl, instead.

This isn't an easy fix, but is a viable workaround:

Install Karabiner-Elements, and set a complex modification to fire off when the focus is on FGU. There are conditional modifiers that allow you to remap the keyboard (the details are here: https://pqrs.org/osx/karabiner/json....st-application) based on the 'frontmost-application' setting, so only when the focus is on FGU you could remap the PC-centric keystrokes to the Apple-centric keystrokes.

It's a bit klugy, but it's a solid workaround.

Blog Entries
    Reported and requested fixed here
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ac-equivalents

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Yes, this is filed as FGU-786 for us to review. It's not a high priority item, but we'll take a look before release.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Yes, this is filed as FGU-786 for us to review. It's not a high priority item, but we'll take a look before release.

Regards,
    JPG
    You guys are awesome -- thanks

Glad that the copy/paste/undo shortcuts are working. Are there currently shortcuts for working with tables? I can't seem to add a cell very easily without going in and manually adding a cell. Cheers!

Edit: This wouldn't be so bad if new rows appeared for every column upon hitting enter (which makes a new row with one cell). But as it is (unless I'm doing something horribly wrong - very likely) it seems I have to hand craft every cell...
    Last edited by SolarAlbatross; November 7th, 2021 at 20:26.

Please start a new thread when posting reports, unless the target thread is less than a month old. The original thread is 2 years old, and prior to FGU being fully released.

Here is the list of shortcut keys supported:
    https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...tedtextcontrol

I don't remember for sure whether there are any issues with specific shortcut keys on Mac machines; as the keyboard behaviors are not consistent when passed to the application. If the shortcut doesn't work, then you will need to use the radial menu.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information