DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Mac Fantasy Grounds Updater does not check to see if host OS is valid version

OS X El Capitan 10.11.6

Installer installs and reinstalls correctly.
    Installer summary displays and says that Fantasy Grounds should have opened automatically, but it does not.

Go to Applications Folder
    manually launch Fantasy Grounds Updater

Finder Alert displays:
    You can’t use this version of the application “FantasyGroundsUpdater” with this version of OS*X.
    You have OS*X 10.11.6. The application requires OS*X 10.13 or later.

The package installer should verify prior to installation that the target OS is an appropriate version before the installation.

Oddly enough, it looks like the FGUpdaterEngine (looks like it was compiled Nov 18) itself functions and successfully downloaded another FantasyGroundsUpdater_New as well as another FGUpdaterEngine that doesn't work. The initial FantasyGroundsUpdater actually successfully downloaded a copy of the Fantasy Grounds app, which has the no smoking icon/Can't launch icon. But it launches! Sorry this ticket turned into a rabbit hole. I was testing while typing.

Thanks for reporting. I've filed as FGU-785 for Ryan to investigate.

Regards,
    JPG

I guess maybe the problem is the FantasyGroundsUpdater itself. If Fantasy Grounds app supports 10.11, then the issue is that the FantasyGroundsUpdater should also. Since I managed to get Fantasy Grounds App and FGUpdater Engine to run in 10.11, it makes me think that the updater should also support 10.11.

Either way, it's a good idea to have the package installer check the minimum system requirements *prior* to installation to avoid any unexpected problems.

Looks like the uninstall script doesn't work properly either, and the Fantasy Grounds Updater process that renames OLD & NEW doesn't seem to work correctly either. I had to remove the "_NEW" to get the Fantasy Grounds Update to be able to find the FGUpdaterEngine.

Thread Information