DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

DR - Damage Resistance coding

Hi everyone,

This used to work, lately I have been unable to get DR coding to work in Starfinder. tried to get the coding to work for Tiefling racial resistances, and mechanic's drone. neither are working when they did months ago. any info would be appreciated.

edit, sorry, title should have been Damage Reduction.
    Last edited by Bloodright; December 6th, 2019 at 02:33.

Yeah - I noticed some issues with energy resistance and maybe types. But, the base DR:x effect seemed to work.

Quick test of DR shows that it only works vs. kinetic attacks (B,S,P) and does not work if you try to specify a DR type. It has to be just straight DR:x. I'm sure they're still working on it.
    Last edited by HoloGnome; December 6th, 2019 at 02:43.

Quote Originally Posted by HoloGnome View Post
    Yeah - I noticed some issues with energy resistance and maybe types. But, the base DR:x effect seemed to work.
    couldn't even get that to work.. might have been a space in a spot there shouldn't be one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodright View Post
    Hi everyone,

This used to work, lately I have been unable to get DR coding to work in Starfinder. tried to get the coding to work for Tiefling racial resistances, and mechanic's drone. neither are working when they did months ago. any info would be appreciated.

edit, sorry, title should have been Damage Reduction.
    Can you provide a detailed example of how to reproduce the problem?
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

It doesn't work vs. energy attacks. So, you put a DR:2 effect on a PC in the CT, then hit with an E attack and it goes through. If you put DR:2 B in the effect and hit with a bludgeoning attack, it goes through. And, from my other testing, I don't think it recognizes all the other damage type modifiers (and RESIST:x type) wasn't working.

But...as above, if you put DR:2 in the effect and hit with a B, P, or S attack, it gets DR'd.

I think part of the problem is that the code that is deducting stamina points is getting in the way. DR and RESIST and their types should resolve before trying to deduct stamina. If you max out stamina so that you take hit point damage, you can probably make RESIST:x type work, for example.
    Last edited by HoloGnome; December 6th, 2019 at 02:51.

Yes...that works. For example, if I set fatigue to max stamina and put an effect like RESIST:5 fire in the CT, then hit with fire damage. I can see it being resisted. But, if fatigue is not maxed, then it does not apply the RESIST effect. So, one part of the problem is that the order is wrong...and there might also be issues with it not matching the correct type based on what I saw with the DR testing above.

Quote Originally Posted by HoloGnome View Post
    It doesn't work vs. energy attacks. So, you put a DR:2 effect on a PC in the CT, then hit with an E attack and it goes through. If you put DR:2 B in the effect and hit with a bludgeoning attack, it goes through. And, from my other testing, I don't think it recognizes all the other damage type modifiers (and RESIST:x type) wasn't working.

But...as above, if you put DR:2 in the effect and hit with a B, P, or S attack, it gets DR'd.

I think part of the problem is that the code that is deducting stamina points is getting in the way. DR and RESIST and their types should resolve before trying to deduct stamina. If you max out stamina so that you take hit point damage, you can probably make RESIST:x type work, for example.
    ok, this answers what i was seeing.. thank you!

A good reminder - there are definitely a couple of bugs in there.

I just tested a Tiefling
    • 1d4 F never touched him with this effect applied: RESIST: 5 cold; RESIST: 5 electricity; RESIST: 5 fire
    • 1d6+2 P did a maximum of 3 damage with this effect applied: DR: 5
    • 1d6+2 P did a maximum of 8 damage with this effect applied: DR: 5 piercing [BUG]

I fixed this in v1.2.4
    aka Laendra

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Trying to find the missing "not" in the code was a chore...I must have used 15 Debug statements...
    aka Laendra

Thread Information