DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Star flip mat maps

Is there anyone working on converting the flip maps for Starfinder for the store? I am having major issues with getting the hex to align when I use ones from my PDF so I have had to use random Space images and add my own hexes but would rather have official ones.

Not sure if this is correct forum to ask this so move it if Necessary. Thank you

It's best to use a map without an embedded grid - especially for hexes, for the reasons you're experiencing.

A couple of Pathfinder Flip-Mats have been released, but these have not sold well because of the pricing set by Paizo (the cost of the physical map - minus the PDF if you have that). So most people are unwilling (understandably) to pay $15 for 2 maps. Hence why there's not a rush to convert these maps to FG.

With FG Unity there will be the need to add occluders for line-of-sight to most maps (not a generic starfield though). Then the cost might be seen as a bit more value for money. So the plan is to re-visit Paizo flip-mat conversions to FG after FG Unity has been released.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ok thank you for the quick response ��

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco View Post
    Is there anyone working on converting the flip maps for Starfinder for the store? I am having major issues with getting the hex to align when I use ones from my PDF so I have had to use random Space images and add my own hexes but would rather have official ones.

Not sure if this is correct forum to ask this so move it if Necessary. Thank you
    But NASA has so many cool/free high resolution space photos... I like this one

Alternatively (if you need the features on the provided maps themselves such as asteroids), you can also decently run it without a FG grid (as the distance is not correct anyway).

Ok thank you both great suggestions

Thread Information