DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: Loading issues?

Loading issues?

This happends when i play on Wednesday with some of my friends on Discord, and before you ask, my internet isnt the best but this havent happend before at all for the 10 months we have played so far. Every other game we do, this doesnt happend. We play also on Mondays and Sundays, but its only when we play on Wednesdays when this happends.

I dont know what to do at all.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Welcome to the FG forums.

Is the GM's Internet connect on AT&T?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hi, I'm the GM of the game and based in UK, The player is based in Sweden, the images are all under 500K, he also reports that the game wants to upload files when he connects on weds, and again if he has to reconnect.
    Ultimate License, Classic & Unity, Currently Running Fortnightly, 5E Land of Fate, 5E Vale of Shadows, 5E Pages of Darkness, 5E Izramurs lingering Gift, 5E Jotunhammer, 5E Terror Loch Tower, 5E Spellbinder, MGT2 Pirates of Drinax, 5E Storm Giants Thunder, 5E Winters Curse, 5E Catacombes of Sunless Sorrows

When this type of issue has been reported recently it is caused by something blocking the upload of data from the GM to the player - usually some form of flood protection on the GM's Internet router that is limiting the amount of data that can be uploaded to a specific destination.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hmm, well I do run games for 8 players two or three times a week, it does seem odd that its only weds and only one of the Swedish players has a problem, Theres no issue with the US players in the session, admittedly he probably has the worst connection, but the best available in his region. My connection is quite fast and advertised as unlimited. if it is a bottleneck of some sort my end, any thoughts on how to check/look for it.
    Ultimate License, Classic & Unity, Currently Running Fortnightly, 5E Land of Fate, 5E Vale of Shadows, 5E Pages of Darkness, 5E Izramurs lingering Gift, 5E Jotunhammer, 5E Terror Loch Tower, 5E Spellbinder, MGT2 Pirates of Drinax, 5E Storm Giants Thunder, 5E Winters Curse, 5E Catacombes of Sunless Sorrows

Blog Entries
    Have a look in your router settings - usually under something like advanced -> firewall, and see if you can find TCP flood protection - if so turn it off or disable it.

Blog Entries
    Could it be a player using 32 bit Windows?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

All 3 Flood attack filtering were switched off, so thats not the issue. I'll check on the windows version hes running.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by backwardoracle View Post
    ...he also reports that the game wants to upload files when he connects on weds, and again if he has to reconnect.
    Which files are these?

I'm not exactly sure, I'm assuming as its when he reconnects to the game, its campaign info rather than FG updates.

Thread Information