DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Age of Ashes Player's Resources

Hey, gang. I'm a new FG user and also a new GM. I'm running two games simultaneously using the Pathfinder 2e Age of Ashes AP. I bought the PDF for the first book Hellknight Hill, through Paizo, and I linked my accounts with FG. I bought the Hellknight Hill book through FG, appreciating the discount, and am trying to get my former-Roll20-using players to embrace FG. I have an ultimate license for FG, and my players are all using the free version. Beyond the normal problems of learning a new piece of software is that though the Hellknight Hill book is showing up in my modules and is active, none of the Age of Ashes-specific info is showing up in the character creator software. So, for instance, Age of Ashes introduces some different backgrounds, like Dragon Scholar, but they're not showing up for my players.

I emailed customer support, and they responded with an answer that didn't really address the problem, but did include a picture of what my modules library should look like, and they had what appeared to be a "Player's Resource" module for each book, so there's the main book, and then a separate companion Player's Resource for that book. Except that I don't have that in my modules library. I don't see it in the store as a separate purchase, so I'm kind of at a loss. What am I missing?

Blog Entries
    Welcome!
    Players must load content they wish to use, just like the GM. First though, you have to make it available to them. The easiest way to do this is if AoA has a "players" companion. Drag the green check mark onto that in your Library > Modules section (don't drag the green onto the AoA master version of the players will have access to everything including maps, encounters, stories etc). Once it is marked for sharing, then the players have to go into their Library > Modules and load it.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

That's the thing. When I load up my modules, I see the Pathfinder 2e handbook and the AoA Hellknight Hill book, but no Player's Reference. I'm at work now, so I can't verify that this is the case, but I'd say that I'm 99% sure that there's no Player's Reference. That's something that should have loaded when the software updated after I purchased the AP book from FG, right?

Blog Entries
    If a player reference was created for it. I don't have it so no idea if one was. Someone in the PF2 forums might know.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

The picture included by the customer support person showed Player's References for books 3 and 4 of the AP, so it seems pretty likely that there should be one for the first book as well. Oh, and there is a Player's Guide available through Paizo that my players have because it was free. But I don't think that that's the same as what appears to be called a "Player's Reference" in FG, which seems to be a collection of materials from the equivalent AP book that is safe for players to have. Not having access to it, I can only speculate that it includes book-specific things like city maps, or something. For the first book it would presumably include the campaign-specific backgrounds so that the players could use them in character creation, which is what my players are trying to do.

There is not a player resource module for the first part of the AP. There really isn't any PC specific info in part 1 that needs to be globally shared as a player resource.

The "Age of Ashes Player's Guide" should be available with any purchase of the FG product for any of the parts of the adventure path. This contains the data from this product: https://paizo.com/products/btq01zth?...-Players-Guide which includes the PC backgrounds.

Have a look n your <FG app data>\vault directory for PZOSMWPZO900025EFG.dat - this is the file for the "Age of Ashes Player's Guide".
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information