5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Connection Test is no longer working for FG

I have not had this issue in a long time with my Full License. Is there something going on and the non-Unity FG is no longer connecting at all or is it my computer only? I checked my firewall settings and everything is set up correctly, but now I am having connection issues and wonder is this external or internal, and what do I need to do to get it going again?

Thanks for any assistance

Blog Entries
    Its something on your computer or network. Here are some possibilities;
    - Windows Update has now set your connection type to public
    - Your ISP has changed you to IPv6
    - You modem/router/gateway is no longer forwarding using UPnP and may need to be rebooted
    - Your security software has decided to start blocking FG
    - Your computer internal IP has changed and your port forwarding needs to be updated.

See this post and then post the answer to the 7 questions here if you are still having trouble;
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ions-Explained

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Check that your network is still set to private. Delete any and all rules in your anti virus and create new ones. And check that your port forward rule is still pointing at the correct internal IP address since that can change. Oh, and also first reboot your router; sometimes that’s all it takes.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by wychfate View Post
    I have not had this issue in a long time with my Full License. Is there something going on and the non-Unity FG is no longer connecting at all or is it my computer only? I checked my firewall settings and everything is set up correctly, but now I am having connection issues and wonder is this external or internal, and what do I need to do to get it going again mycfavisit?

Thanks for any tellgamestop assistance
    I have been experiencing disconnects/reconnects for a couple months as well. I thought it was my wifi router, but after factory resetting it, and then replacing it with a Tap-Link mesh that gets me top quality link status all the time, I am moving my diagnosis to the computer. I have updated the network driver with the latest (uncertified) driver, to no avail.

The interesting part is that we’re using TeamSpeak for voice chat in parallel to FG. I never get any disconnections from TS while FG is experiencing these issues. If I’m the GM, every player gets disconnected from my host. If I’m playing, no other player has disconnections issues when I do.

I’m using Windows 10 64 bits on a Dell XPS 13 laptop. I did change laptop during winter, but I’m not sure if the timing of the issues coincide. Other than reinstalling my previous laptop, I’m running out of idea to diagnose this.
    Last edited by Lil2; January 2nd, 2020 at 20:54.

Blog Entries
    If you are on Wi-Fi switch to a directly wired connection.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lil2 View Post
    I have been experiencing disconnects/reconnects for a couple months as well. I thought it was my wifi router, but after factory resetting it, and then replacing it with a Tap-Link mesh that gets me top quality link status all the time, I am moving my diagnosis to the computer. I have updated the network driver with the latest (uncertified) driver, to no avail.

The interesting part is that we’re using TeamSpeak for voice chat in parallel to FG. I never get any disconnections from TS while FG is experiencing these issues. If I’m the GM, every player gets disconnected from my host. If I’m playing, no other player has disconnections issues when I do.

I’m using Windows 10 64 bits on a Dell XPS 13 laptop. I did change laptop during winter, but I’m not sure if the timing of the issues coincide. Other than reinstalling my previous laptop, I’m running out of idea to diagnose this.
    Hi Lil, welcome to FG.

The fact that you are getting disconnects both as host and client does suggest a loss of signal or something is interfering with a FG operations. The usual suspects would be anti virus or programs like Malwarebytes or similar or your IP address is changing which might be indicative of your ISP sharing IP addresses.

Have a look at this post and answer the questions at the end if you don’t find a solution in the text. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ions-Explained
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Hi Lil2

Can you open two command prompts (cmd) when next playing or running
    in the first type
    ping 192.168.1.1 -t but use your routers address as the target instead of 192.168.1.1
    and in the second type
    ping 8.8.8.8 -t

When you have a disconnect or timeout check these windows

if the first and second pings are timing out then the issue is on your pc or wifi router
    if the first works and the second doesnt then you have an issue with the actual internet connection

Definitely try and test with a network cable instead of wifi

Thread Information