STAR TREK 2d20

Weapon Ammo Incorrectly Capped at 50 on Sheet Open...

I have noticed that the weapon ammo is being incorrectly capped at 50. If you enter a higher value...like 60, when you reopen the SF PC sheet, it will be set back to 50.

There should not be a cap at 50, especially since there are charged arms that go to 60, 80, 100, etc. Or, a user could be using Ammo to represent some other consumable quantity that exceeds 50.

Confirmed. /campaign/record_char_actions.xml: 374 should probably just get commented out unless there is another reason why @Samarex
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Should come out when v1.2.4 hits the streets
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

This is not AMMO it is USES.
    Weapons have Capacity and Usage stats I.E Laser pistol, zenith has Capacity 80 Usage 4.

This means every time it is used it uses 4 charges. so it has a max of 20 uses.

So when a weapon is dropped in the system it take Capacity and divides it by Usage to get USES. this is written to the USES block on the sheet.

I did it tis way to prevent having 100 little circles next to a weapon that you have to mark 4 of everytime you use the weapon.
    Discord User : Samarex#0318
    Ultimate License
    Starfinder Society ID#:274538
    Lets Play a RPG

Sure, that makes sense. But, please do not change the value that a user enter, regardless of what it is. It doesn't have to be a weapon. It can be any consumable or event the user wants to track that doesn't get reset by an overnight rest. There is no reason for a cap/auto-reset to 50.

Quote Originally Posted by HoloGnome View Post
    Sure, that makes sense. But, please do not change the value that a user enter, regardless of what it is. It doesn't have to be a weapon. It can be any consumable or event the user wants to track that doesn't get reset by an overnight rest. There is no reason for a cap/auto-reset to 50.
    Its no longer capped at 50.

Just beware that if you enter 100 there will be 100 circles that follow
    Discord User : Samarex#0318
    Ultimate License
    Starfinder Society ID#:274538
    Lets Play a RPG

Sure - that is what I would expect. Thanks! And, I appreciate knowing how the uses thing works. If I manually define a weapon in inventory, I guess I have to make sure I set the type as "Weapon" so that it has a usage field. Is there going to be an addition/display of a usage field to the weapon definition on the action tab?

Thankyou! This helps keep track and itemize exactly how much ammo my PC's are carrying in their bags.

Thread Information