DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Placement of control objects is different in FGU versus FGC

This might be related to some topics already covered but tonight I noticed that one of the windows in FGU looked a lot different than in FGC. There is no difference in the 2 when it comes to placement in XML.

You can see the title (white background text) is not above the text in FGU like it is in FGC.

The XML code.
    Code:
     <!-- stats tab subwindow -->
      <windowclass name="cta_stats_host">
        <sheetdata>
          <contentanchor_ctabox name="contentanchor"/>

<subwindow name="cta_saves_and_abilities_host">
            <anchored to="contentanchor" >
              <top anchor="bottom" relation="relative" offset="10" />
              <left  />
              <right />
            </anchored>
            <activate />
            <fastinit />
            <class>cta_saves_and_abilities_host</class>
            <frame name="ct_subgroupbox" offset="0,5,0,5" />
          </subwindow>
          <cta_subwindow_toplabel name="cta_saves_and_abilities_host_label">
            <static textres="cta_stats_and_saves_title" />
            <anchored to="cta_saves_and_abilities_host">
              <left offset="-50" />
            </anchored>
          </cta_subwindow_toplabel>

<subwindow name="cta_tokendetails_host">
            <anchored to="contentanchor" >
              <top anchor="bottom" relation="relative" offset="10" />
              <left  />
              <right />
            </anchored>
            <activate />
            <fastinit />
            <class>cta_reach_size_host</class>
            <frame name="ct_subgroupbox" offset="0,6,0,8" />
          </subwindow>
          <cta_subwindow_toplabel name="cta_tokendetails_label">
            <static textres="cta_tokendetails_host_label" />
            <anchored to="cta_tokendetails_host">
              <left anchored="center" offset="-30" />
            </anchored>
          </cta_subwindow_toplabel>

</sheetdata>
      </windowclass>
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

There are definitely some layout issues still to iron out. They are unfortunately a lower priority to getting the image stuff working as well as player networking.

If you have simple examples that don't involve lots of embedded windows, those will be the easiest to track down first. Stepping through CT window code when debugging layout issues is very painful and lengthy. So, any pointers to simpler scenarios to work through first is appreciated.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    There are definitely some layout issues still to iron out. They are unfortunately a lower priority to getting the image stuff working as well as player networking.

If you have simple examples that don't involve lots of embedded windows, those will be the easiest to track down first. Stepping through CT window code when debugging layout issues is very painful and lengthy. So, any pointers to simpler scenarios to work through first is appreciated.

Regards,
    JPG
    You are right I should have detailed the template in question. Here is the toplabel template.

Code:
      <template name="cta_subwindow_toplabel">
    		<stringcontrol>
          <frame name="mini_name" offset="4,0,6,0"/>
          <anchored>
            <top offset="-9,0" />
            <left anchor="center" />
          </anchored>
    			<font>sheetlabelmini</font>
    			<center />
    		</stringcontrol>
      </template>
    It'll probably be end of Mid/December before I can poke at it more. When I get the chance I'll try and break it down to a single control and reproducible .
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

The example tells the story. You have a value that is not a single number as the offset attribute for the "top" anchor (i.e. "-9,0" should be "-9"), since offsets for anchors only work in one direction.

The c++ string to integer function (atoi) is more forgiving (processes number at beginning, and ignores everything after numbers); while the C# string to integer function (int.TryParse) only accepts [+-][0-9]+. I'm looking at whether it makes sense to add a more relaxed standard for ruleset tags, but that means I can't use the default translation and have to write our own.

Regards,
    JPG
    Last edited by Moon Wizard; December 9th, 2019 at 06:53.

After looking at the code for this (which was in process much earlier), it primarily only affects width/height attribute/tags; other than a few extras like anchor offsets and stringcontrol multiline spacing. So, I think I'm going to leave as is using the existing built-in, but stricter, conversion routines.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    After looking at the code for this (which was in process much earlier), it primarily only affects width/height attribute/tags; other than a few extras like anchor offsets and stringcontrol multiline spacing. So, I think I'm going to leave as is using the existing built-in, but stricter, conversion routines.

Regards,
    JPG
    Sounds good. I'll clean up the places where this is done incorrectly. I got in the habit of using offset="X,X" and FGC didn't complain

Keeping it strict to force proper syntax is good idea.
    ---

Thread Information