STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 8 First 12345 ... Last
    To place a bit of a priority on this, our DM in a campaign running classic just had a hard disk failure (and of course, no backups). We all just downloaded our characters from the local cache to r eload in the campaign (side comment, learned it would be good if the notes were cached locally as well--not only for this, but for viewing between sessions). At this time in FGU, it would have ended the campaign for all intents and purposes.

Backing up my character data is important to me as well. In the 3 campaigns I am currently playing, 2x Unity 1x Classic, the GM's do not have any kind of back up process.

Asking the GM to email me an export of my character after every game isnt going to fly either.

Is there a way for me to load/save my data after each game in Unity?

As posted above it would be nice to be able to view maps, notes etc offline. One of my games is monthly making it harder to keep fresh on specifics.

Blog Entries
    Have you checked your player campaign cache? Most likely your characters are there like they are in FGC. But since I've not joined a FGU game as a player, I can't verify this on my system.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I have -- if they are there it is not obvious.

As long as you don't join a campaign with the exact same name, your characters will still be located in the player cache. You can create a new campaign, and import directly into that campaign; or connect to a differently named campaign, and import from character selection screen.

Regards,
    JPG

So where exactly is this file.... I've looked.

Quote Originally Posted by Elf_Boy View Post
    So where exactly is this file.... I've looked.
    As Moon Wizard says, start a new campaign and open the PC window and then click the import button and you'll see all of the characters that you have on your local machine. Also as he says if you join a differently named campaign then you can click the import button on the join screen and again see all of the characters on your local machine.

The cache file is in FGData/cache/name of campaign; but you can't access it directly since it's encrypted.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

ARe we talking Classic or Unity? Because a couple of weeks ago the Import function in Unity was not working as intended. Unless it has since been fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by twseifert View Post
    ARe we talking Classic or Unity? Because a couple of weeks ago the Import function in Unity was not working as intended. Unless it has since been fixed.
    Since this is the Unity playtest forum we are talking about Unity. I haven't come across any import issues. But then again I haven't used it much.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Since this is the Unity playtest forum we are talking about Unity. I haven't come across any import issues. But then again I haven't used it much.
    Thanks. Sometimes hard to tell which forum it is when you get emails about new posts.

But when I import characters in the 5E Rule Set, the character sheets in the importing campaign are reset back to "blank"

Thread Information