DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 7 of 8 First ... 5678 Last
    I've made a video the "manage characters" functionality in FGU: https://youtu.be/30o7jjJpLoo

EDIT: Video has an addendum at 04:58 to cover character XML import/export.
    Last edited by Trenloe; October 28th, 2020 at 19:26.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thnx a million, will try it and inform my fellow players, hope i understand it correctly.
    Take care friend..

Is there any chance of getting some kind of filtering for the Import list? I'd love to have a list of campaigns, and any other character sources (modules etc) in a drop-down the same as is present for other categories (Images, Spells etc. etc.). It would really help me to rationalise the ever increasing list of characters. Also, for some reason I'm still seeing PCs from campaigns that I've removed from the Campaign folder, is this as expected?

I often have several Campaigns with imported version of various PCs for testing and building purposes and these are really starting to clog up the works!

Cheers,

Simon
    Last edited by Ludd_G; November 24th, 2020 at 19:33. Reason: Speeling :)

Quote Originally Posted by Ludd_G View Post
    Also, for some reason I'm still seeing PCs from campaigns that I've removed from the Campaign folder, is this as expected?
    They could be from a player cache if you joined that campaign with a player instance from the same computer.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ah, good call. Is there a way to flush that cache out?

Ah, good call. Is there a way to flush that cache out?
    Go to the <FG app data>\cache directory - and you'll see a directory for each campaign you've joined as a player. Delete the directories you don't want cached data and PCs to be available from in future.

Get to <FG app data> by clicking the folder icon in the top left of the FGU startup screen.

Blog Entries
    Is there any chance of getting some kind of filtering for the Import list? I'd love to have a list of campaigns, and any other character sources (modules etc) in a drop-down the same as is present for other categories (Images, Spells etc. etc.). It would really help me to rationalise the ever increasing list of characters.
    Check the Wish List, add it if not there. https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Cheers Trenloe, I'll give that go and see if it sorts it out.
    Last edited by Ludd_G; November 24th, 2020 at 21:29.

Is there any chance of getting some kind of filtering for the Import list? I'd love to have a list of campaigns, and any other character sources (modules etc) in a drop-down the same as is present for other categories (Images, Spells etc. etc.). It would really help me to rationalise the ever increasing list of characters. Also, for some reason I'm still seeing PCs from campaigns that I've removed from the Campaign folder, is this as expected?

I often have several Campaigns with imported version of various PCs for testing and building purposes and these are really starting to clog up the works!

Cheers,

Simon
    They're imposters. Vote 'em out
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Haha!

Thread Information