DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

SWADE Ambidextrous edge always applies a -2 combat modifier

I'm not sure what I'm missing in the new SWADE ruleset, but when creating a character and adding the 'Ambidextrous' edge, every attack action from that point on applies an 'ambidextrous -2' modifier to the roll result.

Fighting: Rapier (Ambidextrous -2) ~ appears in the chat window for each attack and applies a -2 modifier to each result

I also attempted to create an 'off-hand' sub attack with the following results:

Fighting: Dagger (Off-Hand Attack) (Off-hand -2, Ambidextrous -2) ~ appears in the chat window for the attack and applies a -4 modifier to each result

I have made sure that each weapon is equipped.

any thoughts?

Ok, a little more information: This issue ONLY exists on the Wineskin installation of Fantasy Grounds on a Mac. When I boot Windows 10 on my Mac, and run Fantasy Grounds on that, everything works as expected.

As a follow-up.

Reinstalling Fantasy Grounds on the Mac, fixed this issue and it's working as expected now.

It seems to me that you had a not updated version of the ruleset (Maybe you had it extracted to a folder?), in a version that did not have the "Ignore Effect" implemented yet. It was a known problem, but now the Ignore is implemented and works well.

Ambidextrious has the following effect: [Ignore #Off-hand], but since Ignore wasn't implemented (yet), it was (probably) just giving you the Off-hand effect.

As a suggestion, when creating Off hands sub-attacks use this effect [> #Off-hand], instead of [#Off-hand]. First, if you use #, it will reference to the Off-hand effect that already exists so you don't really need to put the -2 there. And second, by adding the > in the beggining of the line will make it apply the effect only when you ATTACK with that weapon, instead of being present whenever you equip it. Because if you do it the other way, you will get the Off-hand penalty to both of your hands (And any other attack, it works as if your weapon had a -2 curse on it)

Keep Savage!

I posted this query in another thread but I believe this thread to be more a accurate place to ask the question,

If a character has Two Gun Kid and is Ambidextrous does he get 2 attacks per action when shooting or no penalty on his first and second action when shooting?

What is the penalty when attempting to do three actions?

That is a messy question cause there several parts to this.

First Rate of Fire. You gun has a ROF and you can roll that many shooting dice with a wild die. If ROF is greater than 1, you than run into 2nd part.

Recoil, if firing RoF greater than 1, all shots will suffer from -2. Without edge that negates that.

Third you have multi action, which lets you repeat an action up to 3 times. So a Gun with RoF of 2 could be shot up to 6 times. Shot 2 ROF 3 times.

Finally you have off hand, which could another -2 unless they have Ambidextrous.

So penalties stack up quick if doing RoF >1 and Multi-Action

Without edges or special equipment
    RoF 2 done twice would be a -4 (Recoil -2, MA -2) to all main and (Recoil -2, MA, -2, Offhand -2) -6 to off hand. Done thrice, would be -6 & -8.

Two gun, Steady hands?, and Ambidextrous would negate some penalties each
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Campaign: Necessary Evil
    Current Project: Dawn of Daikaiju: Converting, Deadlands: Reloaded The last Sons - Quality Assurance Checking
    Discord: Mgrancey#4994
    "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?" -- Maxim 14 of The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries
    Adventure: Keep Living Life Like There's No Tomorrow and You'll Eventually Be Right,

As an alternative, dont forget about Surpressive Fire, as that might get the effect he wants better
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Project: Dawn of Daikaiju: Converting, Deadlands: Reloaded The last Sons - Quality Assurance Checking
    "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?" -- Maxim 14 of The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries
    Adventure: Keep Living Life Like There's No Tomorrow and You'll Eventually Be Right,

Ok if I have 2 guns rof of 1 and the edges two gun kid and ambidextrous can I fire both guns 3 times using 3 actions? and what would the penalty be on the first, second and third action? or do I need to fire say, the gun in the right hand on the first action then the off hand gun, then the right hand again on the third action?

Okay, double checked SWADE, Errata, searched for clarification. As best as I can assemble:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post540887
    Ultimate License Holder

Quote Originally Posted by icecrmman View Post
    Ok if I have 2 guns rof of 1 and the edges two gun kid and ambidextrous can I fire both guns 3 times using 3 actions? and what would the penalty be on the first, second and third action? or do I need to fire say, the gun in the right hand on the first action then the off hand gun, then the right hand again on the third action?
    It's reasonably stated well in the SWADE rules, but it's in a few sections. Here they are...

SWADE PDF Pg. 104: Off-Hand Attacks

"Actions that require precise eye-hand coordination, such as Fighting or Shooting, suffer a −2 penalty when done solely with the off-hand."

Ambidextrous edge

"Your warrior is as deft with his left hand as he is with his right. He ignores the Off-Hand penalty (see page 104)."

Two-Gun Kid edge

"Two-Gun Kid works just like Two-Fisted, but with ranged weapons, allowing her to fire or throw a weapon in each hand as two different actions but without triggering a Multi-Action penalty."

So with possession of those 2 edges and a ROF 1 weapon in each hand, you can make 1 Shooting action with your primary hand and 1 Shooting action with your off-hand at no penalty. You could choose to do 1 additional, 3rd Shooting action (max of 3 actions allowed per round) with either your primary or your off-hand, but that would now make all of those Shooting actions subject to a multiaction -2 penalty. So you can fire 3 times, but not 3 times with each gun. It's off course much better than a PC with only the Ambidextrous edge, because such a player would suffer a -4 multiaction penalty for all 3 of those Shooting actions. And of course WAY better than a PC that doesn't have either of the edges.
    Last edited by kronovan; September 11th, 2020 at 18:56.

Thread Information