DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    sadly not, when you load a module then everything is loaded but it is sorted by groups, so you can see next to each entry where it comes from and clicking on that filters the entries by the corresponding group, too (e.g. only showing races from the 3.5e SRD and so on)
    Meh. Easy enough to ask players to ignore the core group while selecting their race. Again I appreciate all the info. I spent 2 days getting a theme set up and making tokens. Im ready to start making battlemaps for the campaign now. I run a starfinder campaign IRL thats all based around the Rovagug lore and can't wait to jump into this 3.5 campaign that will be based around events prior to my pathfinder story arc. Do you guys have a recommendation on software to use for map making? I was kind of thinking of using RPG maker to design the maps and just import them over

Quote Originally Posted by KvotheComplex View Post
    Meh. Easy enough to ask players to ignore the core group while selecting their race. Again I appreciate all the info. I spent 2 days getting a theme set up and making tokens. Im ready to start making battlemaps for the campaign now. I run a starfinder campaign IRL thats all based around the Rovagug lore and can't wait to jump into this 3.5 campaign that will be based around events prior to my pathfinder story arc. Do you guys have a recommendation on software to use for map making? I was kind of thinking of using RPG maker to design the maps and just import them over
    For map making there is some sticky thread with a summary of some programs in a tabel: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ftware-summary I only used CC3+ so far, therefore I can not really make any good comparison (but you might want to ask in the linked thread, there surely will someone read this knowing more than me )

EDIT: and yes, your players will surely be able to ignore the wrong races
    Last edited by Kelrugem; November 29th, 2019 at 20:02.

Blog Entries
    CC3+ is a pricey but awesome option. Both Inkarnate and Wonderdraft are much less expensive options that are pretty good. Map Forge is decent but does have its drawbacks (its a 32-bit app that doesn't play well with a 64-bit OS in my experience), Dungeon Painter Studio (via Steam) is a pretty nice tool as well. I have also played around with AutoRealm from NBOS, but haven't used it in a long time.
    Ultimate License Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Mortar View Post
    CC3+ is a pricey but awesome option. Both Inkarnate and Wonderdraft are much less expensive options that are pretty good. Map Forge is decent but does have its drawbacks (its a 32-bit app that doesn't play well with a 64-bit OS in my experience), Dungeon Painter Studio (via Steam) is a pretty nice tool as well. I have also played around with AutoRealm from NBOS, but haven't used it in a long time.
    CC3+ looks great and I think I will pick it up. Whats the best dimensions to use per map? What fits perfectly in the default window for maps and images on FG?

Blog Entries
    The recommended size is 2048x2048 pixels as a JPG, and less than 1MB in size, although since SmiteWorks changed the way the client handles images there are people that have made larger ones. Most people use 50px to a 5 foot square.

Don't export the map with a grid, put a 50px grey square in one corner to let you line up FG's grid with that square.

Take a look at these maps by Lord Entrails to see what I am referring to. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Entrail-s-Maps

I should add, as well the viewing area depends a lot on the user's screen resolution.
    Last edited by Mortar; November 29th, 2019 at 22:15.
    Ultimate License Holder

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KvotheComplex View Post
    CC3+ looks great and I think I will pick it up. Whats the best dimensions to use per map? What fits perfectly in the default window for maps and images on FG?
    CC3 is a vector based CAD program. Meaning if you want a hallway to be 10 feet wide, then you draw it 10 feet wide. If you want a regional map to be 200 miles wide, then you draw it 200 miles wide.

When you export it, then you decide how many pixels you want it to be exported as. The typical suggestion for FGC is 5 ft squares should be 50 pixels. That means for a battlemap that is 200 feet wide, you export it as 2000 pixels wide.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    This blog post might come in handy. I forgot all about it till I saw LE's reply.

https://rpgmaps.profantasy.com/scale-matters/
    Ultimate License Holder

Thread Information