DICE PACKS BUNDLE

question about one time purchase of license

I see that there are deep discounts on the one time purchase. "One time" means one time/year? I couldn't see a time limit but i assume its per year since lifetime would be too good to be true.
    Also, since my friends and I are considering the switch to FG, for me to create a campaign that they can play in all would need at least the standard sub or the one time, correct?

thanks

Blog Entries
    One time means once ever. Lifetime.

But it does not mean you get a license for FG Unity which is expected to be released next year. FG Classic, the current one you would be buying a license(s) for will continue to be supported after the release of FGU for some time (months? A year?) but eventually will no longer be supported (though it should still continue to run as-is.

More information on FGU upgrade pricing here; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-Upgrade-Paths

You'll note on the Standard license, if you buy FGC now and then the upgrade whenever FGU comes out, you will have paid about a dollar more than if you wait until FGU is available (though you might buy the upgrade on sale at some time in the future and then it would be less).

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by gregprater View Post
    I see that there are deep discounts on the one time purchase. "One time" means one time/year? I couldn't see a time limit but i assume its per year since lifetime would be too good to be true.
    Also, since my friends and I are considering the switch to FG, for me to create a campaign that they can play in all would need at least the standard sub or the one time, correct?

thanks
    If you buy the ultimate license, your players need not buy anything, as they can connect with the demo. If you buy the standard, your players will also need a standard license. At the current sale price of $10, it's a steal. As mentioned above, having a license will get you a discount later. Now is an incredibly good time to make the switch, imo.

thanks for the info. Lifetime( or until they stop supporting it) is a out of this world deal. I was reading about FGU but i couldn't even follow how its different since i have zero knowledge of FG. I may pay for a moth of ultimate and see how we like it. I'm only considering the switch from Roll20 because of first hand accounts of how much better it is. Though, I've had zero complaints about roll20 for 3 years now.

Something to remember..All the downloadable content (manuals, adventures, ect) will also be useable in FGU when it is released. It's a good time to buy. It will be a while before FGC is obsolete, and when you do go to FGU, your campaign will transfer over as well.

The one-time license was the game changer for me, as I'm not a fan of subscriptions. Roll20 is only good if you have a sub, imo. Stuff is considerably cheaper on FG as well, especially if you wait for their periodic sales.

The one downside is that your players will need a standard license (or sub) to buy their own content. Everyone should own the players handbook, imo. Never hurts to do a little homework.

Thread Information