FG Spreadshirt Swag

[Bug] Critical damage wrongly distributed

Hi

I found some bug which is somewhat similar as reported in the 5e threads. I have the following weapon (STR modifier is 1):

When I roll a critical then I get:

One can see that the damage is distributed along the damage types going from left to right, but the critical d4 is between the two critical d6 such that the d4 is distributed to the critical 2d6 while the last critical d6 gets distributed to the d4 (observe the d4=6 in the chat message). The critical d4 gets then wrongly the normal d4, thence, it seems that this can be resolved when the green d4 would be at the very end When the target has then IMMUNE: fire it gets wrongly 13 damage instead of 18

But this bug is not completely similar to the 5e bug. It seems that this problem only occurs for separate weapon damage entries in the same weapon which have a crit modifier of at least 2 The bug does not arise when using (critical) damage effects, there it seems that everything is distributed correctly (but I may be wrong there, didn't test a lot)

Best,

Kerlugem

PS: Thanks for the fixes of the last bugs I've reported (they seem to be fixed in the test server ) and thanks in general for the work
    Last edited by Kelrugem; November 28th, 2019 at 11:49.

I dont see the 5e thread you talk about, so wanted to add my comments against this for 5e as its the same.

CriticalBug.jpg

See attched code change for in 'manager_action_damage.lua', to basically insert the original dice rolls into the start of the new dice list so that the 'critical' extra dice get added after. In the same way as the 'clauses' do later on.

Not sure if this will have a combination issue with 'effects' processing.

Thanks,
    -pete
    Attached Files Attached Files

Should the multiplier for critical damage for fire be x 1? I usually use an effect so don't have this problem.
    Last edited by dellanx; May 26th, 2020 at 15:12.

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

I had a lot of help and advice from many here at FG.

Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    I dont see the 5e thread you talk about, so wanted to add my comments against this for 5e as its the same.

CriticalBug.jpg

See attched code change for in 'manager_action_damage.lua', to basically insert the original dice rolls into the start of the new dice list so that the 'critical' extra dice get added after. In the same way as the 'clauses' do later on.

Not sure if this will have a combination issue with 'effects' processing.

Thanks,
    -pete
    Yeah, the bug in 5e is related to effects Can't find the thread now (it is in the big bug thread somewhere) I rather meant a similar problem there, because some combination of effects with crits result there into a bad distribution of dice, too So, when I said I meant the same bug then I actually meant just a similar thing But yes, as you show in your image, 5e seemingly has also the same problem related to the weapon damage die definition, and thanks for the idea of a possible fix

Quote Originally Posted by dellanx View Post
    Should the multiplier for critical damage for fire be x 1? I usually use an effect so don't have this problem.
    Yeah, I usually do not have the problem, too, but when there is a crit multiplier (which may be used) then it would be good when it works to avoid possible confusion

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Yeah, the bug in 5e is related to effects Can't find the thread now (it is in the big bug thread somewhere) I rather meant a similar problem there, because some combination of effects with crits result there into a bad distribution of dice, too So, when I said I meant the same bug then I actually meant just a similar thing But yes, as you show in your image, 5e seemingly has also the same problem related to the weapon damage die definition, and thanks for the idea of a possible fix

Yeah, I usually do not have the problem, too, but when there is a crit multiplier (which may be used) then it would be good when it works to avoid possible confusion
    Good to know. Thanks!

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

I had a lot of help and advice from many here at FG.

Thank You!

Thread Information