STAR TREK 2d20

So i am a month to month FGU user. Why would i buy a licence on sale?

If I buy the Ultimate outright, will there be a pro ration towards the purchase of Unity?

If so what will it be?

Based on forum poll information it seems like Unity may show up Feb/March. I was just going to keep on 'subbin' and wait for Unity and pay for that in full once it arrives.

Is there any information you folks here or smite works that have that would cause me to buy the classic licence while on sale today?

The price of Unity ultimate outright purchase will be the same as FG classic is now. Upgrade prices from classic to Unity has not been finalised as yet (as far as I know - I may have missed it). Currently classic ultimate is on sale at 40% off so whether buying that now on sale and then upgrading later is a decision you would need to consider.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Moon stated in another post today that upgrade prices will be announced soon. But I would assume that announcement will NOT happen before the current sale ends.

EDIT: see Trenloe's post a few down, the information has been release much sooner than I surmised.
    Last edited by LordEntrails; November 26th, 2019 at 23:54.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

If you buy Classic and then upgrade to Unity later, you then own and can use both. I believe there will still be value in FG Classic for quite some time. Some groups will not move to Unity right away.

Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

That was super helpful. Ideally I would like to keep subbing FGU classic (but purchase the FGU licence now) while I have the funds. Is this possible?

In other words I want to keep subbing my classic but I also want to purchase (for the full price) the Unity Ultimate licence now. I am happy to wait whatever the time table is for unity.

Bah, I just bought the classic on sale and a token pack...damn you Black Friday sales!

Blog Entries
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

One thing to mention is that if you or one of your players wants the standard version, the HUGE discount means that it buying it now and upgrading later works out almost as cheap as getting the Unity version whenever it is released. And it also means you have FG Classic version permanently and can use it before Unity is ready. Just a thought....
    Last edited by Squeak; November 27th, 2019 at 15:14.

Thread Information