FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

FGU 2nd Chance Access?

Moon Wizard,

Will Fantasy Grounds ever offer loyal players like myself a 2nd chance at accessing the kickstarter pricing and beta testing? Some people (like myself) missed the original opportunity due to life circumstances and living arrangements precluding our awareness (I was quite literally uprooting my entire existence and relocating a thousand miles from everything I knew and cared about, especially my gaming community). Although I will say I find it extremely odd that i didn't even get an email about it at the time. My hope is there is a solution beyond "too bad, ya missed it, and, stfu and wait" which is sadly what I am getting elsewhere.

Well, the squeaky wheel gets the grease so it's worth a shot no matter how hard the haters come down on me (this should be fun /sigh).

Salamandar

P.S. I imagine I am not the only one feeling this sort of angst and cannot be the only one to post about it, yet I was unsuccessful in searching, I do not know if that was a failing on my part or the search algorithm, In either case I apologise If I am beating a dead horse.

We answered your e-mail query directly.

Unfortunately, Kickstarter does not have any way to support late pledges for the Unity project. We will be making some announcements this week or next week with regards to FGU pricing in our newsletter and on the KS project page.

Newsletter: https://www.facebook.com/fantasygrou...0265896690345/

Regards,
    JPG

Understood, thank you for the quick response.

-Salamandar

I'm with Salamandar...except *shockingly* I missed any information about the KS completely. Now that I look around the forum I'm strongly left with the impression that I'm being punished for not avidly reading/living on this forum. (Sorry, life calls!!!)

I wasn't going to say anything and just shut up and wait for December.... until that recent vote (for pre-release/ea/or wait) came out that I strongly suspect the majority respondents are people that backed the KS and have some sort of entitlement complex. No one votes to wait for something these days unless they already have it and want to make a themselves elite/special. Honestly found myself a little disappointed in this community for the first time in all the long years I've been here.

But anyway...so December was the date generally tossed around for a long time.....now the REST of your customer base (we shall call them the Have-nots) wants to give you their money, when will you allow us to do so? Can you shut up and take our money yet? This has been quite the disappointment.

DM_BK

Blog Entries
    Hello DM_BK,

It's a delicate balancing act and we often rely upon feedback from our users to help us land on the right side of things. We have posted details on upcoming pricing and release info here:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-Upgrade-Paths

If you are not currently a subscriber on the Newsletter, please consider subscribing to it from the Help menu on the main website.
    https://www.facebook.com/fantasygrou...0265896690345/

We try to notify people of opportunities on the forums, Facebook, Twitter and the newsletter.

Thanks for the reply D,

I well remember the old owners and you guys have always been worlds better... I really just want some sort of idea as to when you expect the Have-nots to be allowed to participate? I don't think there is much harm in a direct offering on your web site for FGU, at this point(you had publicly stated shooting for December previously)...matter-a-fact, I think you need to make the store page let people know that a new version (that requires new licencing fees) is on the horizon. Right now buyers that don't check the forums, would have no idea that they are going to be buying something that isn't going to be the latest and greatest in the near future. Just a suggestion.

I've signed up for the newsletter. Thanks for that!

DM_BK

Thanks Doug. You all do a great job of informing the community of the current state of Fantasy Grounds, new development efforts, and Smiteworks as a company. We all appreciate it.

I empathize, there were kickstarters that I found out about literally hours after they ended, and it sucks super hard. I'd at least offer current owners the lower Kickstarter price for upgrades until release day comes, since the Kickstart crew still got a pile of extra digital assets for the money we still got the best deal. If 2020 rolls around and someone still hasn't bought the upgrade and FGU comes out, at that point it's kinda on them for missing the pre-order discount.

Blog Entries
    As you can see in this thread; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...le-in-December
    SmiteWorks inquired from the community about what to do. The response, though not absolutely dismissive or definitive about allowing second chance access to FGU Beta, was pretty clear (currently 75%).

I suspect once they have a scheduled release date for FGU, the current listings on the FG Store and Steam pages will change to reflect that. It's always a bit of bummer when you buy something only to have it replaced with a newer model, but that what really has to happen. I mean last time you bought a computer, a jacket, a pair of shoes, or anything else, was their a disclaimer on it stating that a newer model was coming out that you would have to re-buy if you wanted it?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

DM_BK, I am sorry you feel like you are being jilted out of experiencing the growing pains of FGU. It is not "playable" yet, and it potentially could take months to get to a "playable" state. From experience, setting arbitrary dates for a product launch many months in advance sets you up for the possibility of failure and disappointment by your customers.

There isn't an "entitlement" complex by members of the Closed Alpha/Beta test, we (the community) just want the best possible experience for users prior to reaching the Open Beta release. If it were to reach the general public with as many open issues as there are now, there would be massive rants and raves about how FGU sucks and nobody should ever buy it.

Those who participated in the KS were active enough on any one of multiple social media sites, newsletter subscribers, or members of one of the several discord servers that mentioned the kickstarter so many times that I was tired of hearing about it before it even went live, that you pretty much had to be an inactive owner to not know about it. There are many kickstarters that I would have liked to know about before they closed but have no way to participate in afterwards. Given that you have a path forward once Open Beta comes, and that hopefully won't be much longer, and that there aren't even any FGU Demo licenses to let your players play for free, hopefully you can force yourself to wait with baited breath for the release to come.
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Thread Information